Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Flight Recorder: Using the Parrot Flight Recorder, the AR.Drone 2.0 is the first toy with on-board GPS. This new accessory improves the features of the AR.Drone 2.0 and records more than 350 flight settings. It is the black box of your AR.Drone 2.0
- Geolocation using the GPS module
- Select your destination on the map
- Record flights and videos using 4 Gb Flash memories
- Review your flights modeled in 3D on the AR.Drone Academy map
- Make the AR.Drone 2.0 automatically return to its take-off point
- Improve stability in flight
Price: R1399 (Incl VAT) Available Here
The Parrot AR.Drone iOS app had ben given a boost with “Director Mode”, this bit of movement adding on a few Camera Settings, Post-Production settings, and sequence edits. We’ll be giving you a hands-on look at this set of moves soon – stay tuned to SlashGear’s AR.Drone tag protal for more while we’re at it.
Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 will be working with a new Flight Recorder system allowing users to record and keep flight data and GPS-localized from here on out. This update will be coming attached to the Flight Recorder, of course, that lovely little gadget shown off at CES 2013 in another cool bit of orange.
This update will allow the AR.Drone 2.0 to grab position information (+/- 2 meters) throughout the drone’s full flight. The Flight Recorder also works with 4GB of Flash memory which allows the machine to record right around two hours of HD video – that’s across several flights, of course. Flight Recorder still rings in at $129.95 while the high density battery will cost you a cool $69.95 starting this summer (aka right this minute).
- High density LiPo battery – 1500mAh
- Permits up to 50% of extra flight time
- Compatible with AR Drone and AR Drone 2.0
- Lithium-ion polymer rechargeable battery
- 1500mAh – 11.1V
- 2h30 charging time
Price: R799 (Incl VAT)Buy here