Current tax laws in South Africa require that ALL taxpayers with a car allowance submit a detailed logbook of business mileage. Without this logbook, the monthly tax benefits received are lost and the shortages would need to be paid back to SARS at the end of the tax year. Buy here! For example, if you drive a vehicle with a value of between R180k and R240k and drive approximately 24 000 business km’s a year, this may result in an amount of around R28k being refunded to you by SARS. This is an unnecessary amount to lose, specifically because an inexpensive solution is available.Little LogBook is a GPS device, no larger than a flash drive. It uses a minimum of four satellites to log your kilometers as you drive. This information is translated into a SARS-compliant report, using powerful software developed and supported in South Africa. Little LogBook will automatically log all mileage on the device as you drive around. End by downloading the information via your USB port on your PC to Little LogBook software.
HOW IT WORKS:
Place the Little LogBook device in an upright position on the dashboard of the vehicle, ensuring a clear view of the sky and satellites above. The Little LogBook is kept in position with the adhesive dashboard strips provided.
Connect the Little LogBook to the vehicle’s cigarette lighter socket, using the power supply included. A solid green LED lights up on the device and it starts searching for satellites immediately, until a lock is made on a minimum of four satellites.
As accuracy is key to the Little LogBook’s function, it is important to wait until a full fix is achieved before departing on a business trip. This full acquisition of satellites is indicated on the device when the green LED starts flashing.
The Little LogBook is now geared for action.The light will remain flashing as long as it has sight of at least four satellites. Light returns to solid if satellites are lost.As you drive around, the Little LogBook does everything automatically. It commits to memory GPS logbook co-ordinates every 3 seconds, ensuring optimal accuracy of the mileage recorded and your SARS tax report.
To improve start up time, the Little LogBook is AGPS enabled. In short, Advanced Global Positioning Satellite (AGPS) positions are uploaded onto the Little LogBook dongle automatically when the unit is synced with the Little LogBook software loaded on your PC. This information guides the device in searching for the satellites by mapping the sky. The information is available weekly for the ensuing week and greatly improves on start up times, therefore also improving accuracy.
Although Little LogBook does all the hard work for you, you are still required to identify business trips, including adding the qualifying reason for the business trip, to generate the SARS compliant tax report. This can be done at any time as the software has been cleverly designed to assist in clearly recalling and viewing previous trips and effortlessly assisting in turning the data into a SARS-compliant log.
Rename destinations in the Little LogBook software – e.g. Mbeleni Data Solutions – and every time you revisit the client, Mbeleni Data Solutions is reflected in the report for ease of use. However, we suggest syncing Little LogBook with your PC once a week while the memories are fresh and trips are recent.
Besides always having the updated AGPS data, ensuring your Little LogBook is synced weekly has many benefits. Should the unforeseen happen and your device is lost, stolen or damaged, the vital information on it will be lost along with it. Buy here!
- Quickly identify unknown trips by viewing the trip at street level on Google Maps
- Mark trips as private or business – if business, add relevant trip information.
- The software automatically identifies the GEO locations, e.g. Randburg. These can be renamed, e.g. Office. Every time you return to that point, the software will instinctively recognize that you are at the “Office”.
- Technical Specifications:
- 65 channels satellite tracking
- Start up times (Satellite dependant): 2 – 180 seconds
- Superior sensitivity: -160dBm tracking
- Update Rate: 1 Hz (max)
- Dynamics: 4G (39.2 m/sec2)
- Dimension: 2.89 in (L) x 1.06 in (W) x 0.39 in (H)
- Support standard NMEA-0183 at 4800/9600/19200/38400 bps
- GPS protocol: NMEA +0183 – GGA, GSA, GSV, GLL, RMC, VTG, ZDA
- DATUM: WGS84 (User Definable)
- Support AGPS
- SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS) support
- 2MB flash memory for data logging, with 16 bytes binary data per record that stores up to 250K
- Start & stop locations can be renamed by user
- Support G-mouse function
- Accuracy: Position: 5m CEP without SA
- Velocity: 0.1m/sec, without SA
- Time: +/- 50ns synchronized to GPS time
- Operation Limits: Altitude < 18,000 m or Velocity < 515 m/s
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to 60°C ; Humidity: 5% ~ 95%
- USB 2.0
- USB powered
- Power Consumption < 42 mA (1Hz standard version)