Jobs at Mantality
We’re a dynamic, fresh, fun, rapidly growing online company that sells a wide range of exciting, unusual and hard to find products aimed specifically at men. Everything from skincare and health supplements, right through to gadgets and fragrances are sold.
We have been labelled the “purveyors of cool,” the “merchants of wow” and continue to uphold this image with fanatical customer support, fresh marketing design and constantly adding new, exciting and downright cool products.
Jnr. Marketing & Web Content Designer
Update: [01/10/2012] Position has been filled from October 2012
About the ideal candidate:
We’re looking for a vibrant, “chomping at the bit”, self-motivated, well spoken, design and web enthusiast, with a flair for marketing and attention to detail. Someone that’s aching to work at a young, fresh and cool company within the booming/burgeoning online retail industry.
R8,000 per month net salary (plus commission and performance incentive opportunities)
- Solid understanding of marketing principles and brand promotion.
- Sound knowledge of HTML, CSS and web and digital design.
- Extensive website and digital graphic design experience, 1-2+ years.
- Solid understanding of design that “wows”, but also conveys its message.
- Extensive experience with Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Broad understanding of internet related technologies and standards.
- Extensive experience with “pixel pushing” programs such as: Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Multi-tasking on a range of projects on an on-going basis.
- Own transport and valid drivers license a must.
- Graphic creation and all marketing material requirements (both online and print mediums)
- Adding new products to the shopfront using our CMS.
- Marketing and promotion through the various channels and platforms
- Social Media: Facebook and Twitter content (sourcing and posting engaging content that adds value not noise)
- Compiling and sending our monthly newsletter to the database of customers and key people.
- Press co-ordination – (We love our press friends and have our noses firmly up their bottoms) Dealing with press enquiries, coordinating requests and supplying high resolution images to them for their editorial needs. Also approaching new publications and introducing us to them.
- Supplier feed integrity – i.e. making sure products are still available from suppliers and are being offered at the correct price, and that all information displayed is correct.
- Event planning and coordinating (trade shows, brand affinity projects etc)
- Executive assistance to Director (at meetings and in general)
- Graphics packages (Adobe: Photoshop, Dreamweaver etc)
- Office applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word etc (Powerpoint not necessary, and is a swear word around our office)
- HMTL and CSS design
- CMS (Content Management Systems)
- Project planning and handling
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- Product photography
- 3D design
- Video shooting/editing
- Creative and copy writing
Work Environment & Perks of the Job
- Basic salary, performance incentives, plus commission opportunity.
- Paid annual leave.
- Great working hours: 8am – 4pm. (Means, employees get to have a life outside of work)
- Fridays work finishes between 3pm-3:30pm
- Employees then also get to choose one other day during the week (varying) where they leave an hour earlier. To do, well, whatever they need to do.
- Challenging work that is anything but monotonous and predictable.
- No homework! Work is left at the office.
- Bragging rights. You get to tell people you work at one of the coolest internet companies this side of the Atlantic.
- All products are available to employees at cost plus 10% (Just imagine: double the presents at Christmas and birthdays for a fraction of the price!)
- Demo and play with some of the coolest gadgets and products in the WORLD.
- Extra training and skill development through workshops and courses
- Work in the heart of Fourways (next door to Bryanston: the Silicone Valley of South Africa)
- Free snacks, tea and coffee.
- Free lunch Friday. (of your choosing)
- Free car washes weekly
All suitable candidates please forward your CV to or for further information about the position. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Candidates from all over South Africa will be considered, so please get in touch if relocating is not a problem for you. We will also be happy to help in this regard.