AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition will be replacing the standard version until the end of life of the product, with the next generation coming out someday in November 2013.
AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition replaces the standard version AR Drone 2.0
Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 – Elite Edition:
Soar high with the new AR.Drone 2.0, Parrot’s next generation quadricopter, thanks to its intuitive Smartphone and tablet control. You’ll never be closer to flying as you view the earth from high above in high definition and directly share your experience online with the world.
RECORD & SHARE IN HD:
As you fly, the HD video is recorded and sent directly to your device. With one click, upload your video from the user-friendly interface seamlessly to YouTube or share your pictures on Picasa. With the new piloting application, everything is simple and done wirelessly in an instant.For pilots looking to shoot longer videos, a USB plug-in has been added for larger recording storage.
JOIN A COMMUNITY OF PILOTS:
Thanks for the AR.Drone Academy, keep track of your flight data, location, photos and videos and share them with a community of pilots from all over the world. Check who is flying in your neighbourhood or watch videos from pilots on the other side of the globe.
With the new AR.Drone 2.0-generated Wi-Fi N Connection, you can fly as far as 165 feet away.The AR.Drone 2.0 pressure sensors on-board provide unique stability that will automatically correct and maintain a still position in the air, regardless of altitude and wind up to 15 m/h.
PILOT LIKE A PRO:
Thanks to the autopilot feature on the AR.Drone 2.0, anyone can be an expert as the embedded sensors allow for easy takeoff and landing.The AR.Drone 2.0 Elite also features the exclusive and patented Absolute Control piloting mode for beginners that can be adjusted with your growing expertise.
This flip move is exclusive to AR.Drone 2.0! Become a daring pilot and perform barrel rolls by simply hitting a button.
HD VIDEO RECORDING:
Get high definition live video streaming to your Smartphone or tablet during flight. See a clean, sharp image just as if you were in the pilot seat.
- HD Camera: 720p 30fps
- Wide angle lens : 92° diagonal
- Store flight footage directly onto a remote device via Wi-Fi or directly to a USB key via the onboard port.
- H264 encoding base profile
- Low latency streaming
- JPEG photo capture
AR.Drone 2.0’s on-board technology gives you precision control and automatic stabilization features.
- 1GHz 32 bit ARM Cortex A8 processor with 800MHz video DSP TMS320DMC64x
- 1Gbit DDR2 RAM at 200MHz
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- 3 axis accelerometer +/- 50mg precision
- 3 axis gyroscope 2000°/second precision
- Pressure sensor +/- 10 Pa precision (80 cm / 2.6 feet at sea level)
- 60 fps vertical QVGA camera for ground speed measurement
- 3 axis magnetometer 6° precision
- Ultrasound sensors for ground altitude measurement
- Linux 2.6.32
- USB 2.0 high speed for extensions
- 4 propellers (2 black and 2 of the camouflage colors)
- 1 standard battery 1000mAh – extended life batteries sold separately