Clash Of Heroes (PC)
Clash Of Heroes (PC)
A blending of match-three battle puzzles, strategic role playing, and a cute fantasy storyline is at the heart of Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. This mostly straight-up port of 2009's Nintendo DS hit retains all of the portable's cunning battle design and charm, simply moving the handheld game to your television. At times, the game feels a little small for the living room, with text and unit graphics a bit tiny for a big-screen TV. But the intricate turn-based battles and the involving fantasy story have been moved over to consoles in all of their addictive glory, making it one of those games that practically superglues a gamepad into your hands.
Despite the similar name, Clash of Heroes isn't quite a Heroes of Might & Magic game. You might be confused in the beginning, however, because the basic structure here is nearly identical to those predecessors. The main mode of play is a campaign where you lead five young heroes in the fantasy land of Ashan (featured in Heroes of Might and Magic V on the PC) into battle while trying to soothe tensions that sneaky demons have stirred up between the realm's leading kingdoms. You start off with a hero who gains experience, casts spells, and equips artifacts. And, you lead units of D&D refugees into battle against foes in one-on-one arena-styled duels. Quick Battle mode and multiplayer are both available online and off, letting you stage one-versus-one or two-versus-two battles with customized armies (new to Clash of Heroes for consoles). Cosmetically, the game looks and feels different from previous releases in the Heroes of Might & Magic series, with the art tipped toward cheerful, colorful anime, and the mostly lighthearted plot aimed at an all-ages crowd.
But everything changes on the battlefield. Instead of pitting stacks of creatures against one another as in the Heroes games, here, you do battle in a Puzzle Quest-derived match-three format with rows of troops aligned into grids. You have a limited number of moves to make for each turn and can only shift the last unit in a line or remove a unit farther up in a column. Generally, you try to set up an attack or a defense with each move. Attacks are arranged by lining up same-colored units vertically aimed toward the enemy formation. If you place three green elven hunters in a row, for example, they chain, which means that they activate and start charging for an attack in a subsequent turn. When troops do attack, they generally charge straight into the enemy columns, doing damage to any foes or fortifications along the way. The goal is to get to the back of the enemy line, where you inflict damage to your opponent's health. Bonus damage is earned by linking multiple attacks of the same color at the same time, as well as by fusing two attack groups stacked on top of one another. Defenses are arranged in the same way, although here, you line up same-colored units horizontally. This creates walls that block enemy assaults and are invaluable for keeping powerhouse foes away from your back line.
In the campaign, gold, ore, and blood crystals earned through quests and side quests like bounty hunting or simply discovered in chests by the side of the road are used to buy units that are then added to your army. Units come in a variety of types, all with different special abilities that allow for bonus attacks, speedy charge times, health regeneration, leaps or flight over walls, and the like. You have access to a number of heroes and monsters drawn from the five kingdoms in Ashan, along with the demonic hordes. So you battle with elves, fantasy knights, cornball undead that look like they escaped from Grim Fandango, demons, wizards, and pretty much the rest of the monster manual refugees that populate traditional Heroes of Might & Magic games.
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.