3Dconnexion SpacePilot PRO
3Dconnexion SpacePilot PRO
3Dconnexion 6DoF Technology
The key to SpacePilot PRO's smooth and intuitive 3D navigation is the patented six-degrees-of-freedom (6DoF) sensor. With four times the precision of previous sensors it can detect input as small as 4 micrometers (that's about 1/25 of a human hair!).
Simply push, pull, twist or tilt the 3Dconnexion Cap to pan, zoom and rotate. It's like reaching into the screen and holding the model in your hand. This unparalleled level of control encourages model exploration leading to improvements in error detection and design quality.
QuickView Navigation Keys
The second generation QuickView Navigation Keys extend the power of the controller cap by providing one-touch access to 32 standard views enabling users to instantly view models from any angle for improved error detection, design review and design presentation.
Three buttons enable you to select each side of your model (six views)
Two Isometric Views
ISO1 shows the model with the top/front/right sides facing front. ISO2 shows the model withthe top/back/left sides facing front.
90-Degree Rotation Key
A short press rotates the view by 90 degrees clockwise. A long press rotates the view by 90 degrees counter-clockwise.
Navigation Setting Keys
During the course of developing 3D models, designers may want to restrict navigation to certain planes or axis. For example, when creating 2D sketches of 3D profiles, it is useful to be able to pan and zoom but not rotate the view. The SpacePilot PRO navigation setting keys allow users to personalize how the controller cap works by restricting navigation to certain axis. The status of each navigation settings key is displayed in the LCD Function Key Applet.
Dominant mode filters out all motion except for data coming from the axis that is being actuated the most.
Pan and zoom key
Turn off translation motion along the three primary axes so the model can only be rotated.
By turning rotation off, users can focus on smooth, simultaneous pan-and-zoom navigation only. This is ideal for work modes such as sketching or for quickly inspecting standard views of your model.
Adjusting the SpacePilot PRO navigation speed, changes the amount of force or torque that needs to be applied to the controller to move a model or environment. Lower the speed for detailed, close-up work and increase the speed for design reviews and presentations.
LCD Workflow Assistant
The full-color LCD provides visual feedback on the function keys, navigation setting status and workflow applets ensuring quick access to important information without interrupting the users workflow. The SpacePilot PRO LCD is based on an open software architecture that encourages the development of customized applets.
Applets are mini applications, specific to SpacePilot PRO that run on your computer and display on the LCD. Applets range in functionality from office productivity tools to feedback on function key assignment. The following applets are supplied by default: Function Keys, Outlook® Mail, Outlook® Calendar, Outlook® Tasks, RSS Feeds.
Function Key Applet
The function key applet displays the commands that are assigned to the Intelligent Function Keys. SpacePilot PRO includes out-of-the-box function key profiles for leading 3D applications including: CATIA V5/V6, NX, SolidWorks, Inventor, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage and SketchUp.
The Mail Applet
The mail applet retrieves information from Microsoft® Outlook® and displays the most recently received e-mails including the sender's name and the e-mail subject line. Pressing the LCD OK key on a selected e-mail opens the e-mail in Outlook on your main computer screen. You can also view information on tasks and calendar entries.
Intelligent Function Keys
Each MCAD application environment, such as sketch, part or assembly has its own set of tools and processes. SpacePilot PRO automatically recognizes the active application and environment and assigns 10 relevant application commands to its dual-function Intelligent Function Keys. Visual feedback on function key assignment is provided by the color LCD. This seamless process ensures the right tools are available at the right time and as there's no need to use the standard mouse or keyboard to select the commands, users experience a significantly streamlined workflow.
A short press activates the keys primary function (1 - 5).
Press and hold the key to activate its secondary function ( 6 - 10).
Users can easily customise the SpacePilot PRO Intelligent Function Keys to their own preference. In addition, all other function keys (excluding the LCD keys) can be customised giving users the opportunity to assign up to 31 commands.
- 3Dconnexion patented six-degrees-of-freedom (6DoF) sensor
- Color LCD Workflow Assistant
- Viewing area (WxH): 49.96mm x 37.72mm / 1.96" x 1.48"
- Resolution / color depth: 320x240 / 262,144
- Second Generation QuickView Navigation (32 standard views)
- 4 Navigation Setting Keys (Speed, Rotation, Pan/Zoom, Dominant)
- 5 dual-function Intelligent Function Keys (access to 10 commands)
- Keyboard Modifiers (Ctrl, Alt, Shift, Esc)
- 21 programmable keys in total (access to 31 commands)
- Full size advanced wrist rest design
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 231mm x 150mm x 58mm / 9.1" x 5.9" x 2.3"
- Weight: 880g / 1.94lb
- 3 year warranty
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows XP Professional SP2 (x86)
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Windows Vista (all editions, x86 and x64)
- Linux Redhat Enterprise WS 4
SuSE Linux 9.3
Sun Solaris 8 (SPARC)
Sun Solaris 10 (x86)
- Microsoft® Outlook® 2003 or later required on host PC for accessing email, tasks and calendar information on LCD.
- USB 1.1
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 50,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.