Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 High Density Li-Po Battery
Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 High Density Li-Po Battery
This week the folks at Parrot have revealed several additions to the AR.Drone 2.0 ecosystem, not least of these being a new High Density Battery. While the current iteration of the Parrot AR.Drones in-box battery does offer quite a bit of flight time, theres always room for more action and longer-lasting action, at that: a non-stop 18 minute flight is in store with this slightly more orange-looking Lithium-Polymer battery pack.
The Parrot AR.Drone iOS app had ben given a boost with “Director Mode”, this bit of movement adding on a few Camera Settings, Post-Production settings, and sequence edits. We’ll be giving you a hands-on look at this set of moves soon stay tuned to SlashGear’s AR.Drone tag protal for more while we’re at it.
Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 will be working with a new Flight Recorder system allowing users to record and keep flight data and GPS-localized from here on out. This update will be coming attached to the Flight Recorder, of course, that lovely little gadget shown off at CES 2013 in another cool bit of orange.
This update will allow the AR.Drone 2.0 to grab position information (+/- 2 meters) throughout the drones full flight. The Flight Recorder also works with 4GB of Flash memory which allows the machine to record right around two hours of HD video thats across several flights, of course. Flight Recorder still rings in at $129.95 while the high density battery will cost you a cool $69.95 starting this summer (aka right this minute).
Flight Recorder also allows for Click & Go Piloting Mode, this giving the user the ability to define a destination based on an overhead map sourced from satellites from space . Once the destination set is reached, the machine will be able to return with a simple tap of the Home button. Sound nice?
Whats more, the Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 can now work with open source high end autopilot software from the Delft University of Technology. Theyve worked to create this autopilot software code-named Paparazzi, it able to be integrated with the AR.Drone hardware through the Parrot Flight Recorder simple stuff. Plugging in the AR.Drone to a laptop with Paparazi allows a single button (Compile) setup, and youre off!
- High density LiPo battery - 1500mAh
- Permits up to 50% of extra flight time
- Compatible with AR Drone and AR Drone 2.0
- Lithium-ion polymer rechargeable battery
- 1500mAh - 11.1V
- 2h30 charging time
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.