VR Cardboard Africard Inspired by Google Cardboard V2.0
VR Cardboard Africard Inspired by Google Cardboard V2.0
Virtual Reality has never been this easy and affordable. Experience virtual reality on your smartphone with Africard, the low-cost solution. Our viewing devices come fully assembled with a protective sleeve. Using only your smartphone (either Apple or Android) and a simple cardboard headset, Africard has more than enough oomph to render a compelling virtual reality experience.
Africard gives everyone with a smartphone the ability to watch VR right now - for less than the price of a cinema ticket & popcorn, and gives everyone with a smartphone the ability to have mobile access to VR content curated on our site.
- Comes fully assembled
- Hundreds of VR apps to choose from
- Works with both iPhone and Android phones (see compatible phones list below)
- Clever design inspired by Google Cardboard version 2
With a clever design inspired by Google Cardboard version 2, the Africard headset has a built in selector button. A foam button mounted on the top of the viewer is the new and improved selector switch.
- YouTube lets you watch a selection of YouTube videos on a simulated theater screen.
- Street View lets you wander around in a VR version of, you guessed it, street view.
- Exhibit lets you look at a few 3D recreations of objects.
- Earth Flyover lets you zoom around a city in Google Earth. Push the "button" to start flying forward, push it again to stop.
- Photo Sphere Viewer lets you see your own photographs using Android's built-in 360 Degrees panoramic feature.
- Windy Day is a cute, cartoony environment where you can watch animals sneak around as leaves fall.
- Tour Guide has you explore the Palace of Versailles.
How do I use it?
Download and launch any mobile VR app before sliding your smartphone into your Cardboard Headset. That's it!
Also, different mobile VR apps usually provide various methods for inputting user commands without taking your smartphone out of the VR Headset.
Some will work by triggering the magnet, while others like the Google Cardboard App let you return to the home screen by tilting your VR Headset 90-degrees to the right.
What Kind Of Lenses Do you Use?
Our Original headsets use 45mm biconvex lenses.
Multiple rounds of testing different lenses with optometrists concluded that our acrylic 45mm Asymmetrical Biconvex Lenses provided the highest-quality VR experience.
Can I Use my tablet with this?
No, not at this time.
Does my smartphone need to be plugged in for this to work?
Nope! That is the seamless beauty of mobile VR.
What is the largest size smartphone that will fit?
Our Africard Original headset will fit most smartphones with screen sizes up to 6 inches.
Will my Smartphone work with this?
All phones running Jelly Bean 4.1 or newer can run the Google Cardboard App from the Google Play Store.
However, the magnetic double-clicking will not work on some phones.
iPhone users can also get in on the fun with an Africard Buffalo. The range of apps is little more limited for iOS devices but is expanding all the time.
iOS devices are unable to use the magnetic button on the side of the device but the apps take this into account and use other actions for selecting things and moving around such as moving your head in a certain way or sometimes even shouting "SHOOT!". It's all great fun! Check africard.tv for a list of compatible smartphones for each size headset.
Will the magnet break my smartphone?
No, the magnets actually assist in the functionality of the device. The magnets are used to make selections while the Africard VR headset is in use.
It looks Blurry, what do I do?
The lenses are designed to be used with 20/20 vision. Please make sure you are wearing your glasses or contacts. If it is still blurry, gently wipe the lenses with a soft cloth. Do not use strong detergents as this can damage the surface of the lenses and cause cloudiness.
There may be slight blur around the very edge of the lenses due to the curve, but that will be minimal. 45mm lenses will have much less blur around the edges than lesser focal length lenses sold by many other suppliers.
Also, if you have a screen protector on please remove it. Many times the screen protector is what will cause blur.
If you've tried the suggestions above and believe the blurriness is due to a defect in our product, please contact us, and we will do our best to assist you!
My phone slipped out and broke, will you pay for it?
No. Unfortunately, we are not responsible for any damage resulting from the use or misuse of our products. So be careful if you start passing it around the party!
We also include a #32 rubber band with all our headsets specifically as a safety measure for keeping your smartphone from sliding out.
- Compatible Devices
- Samsung Galaxy Note (n7000)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6+
- LG/Google Nexus 5
- Samsung Galaxy S II (i9100)
- Samsung Galaxy S III (i9300)
- Samsung Galaxy R (i9103)
- Samsung Google Nexus S (i9020)
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus (i9250)
- HTC Sensation
- HTC Sensation XL
- HTC Evo 3D
- HTC One S
- HTC One X
- Huawei Ascend P1
- Huawei Ascend X (U9000)
- Huawei Honor (U8860)
- LG Nitro HD (P930)
- LG/Google Nexus 4
- LG Optimus 2x (P990)
- LG Optimus 3D (P920)
- LG Optimus Black (P970)
- LG Optimus G
- Motorola Moto G 2014
- Motorola Moto X 2014
- Sony Xperia P (LT22i)
- Sony Xperia S (LT26i)
- Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
- Sony Xperia Z
- Amazon fire
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 50,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.