Apple TV - 1080p HD Streaming with Airplay
Apple TV - 1080p HD Streaming with Airplay
Small in size. Big on entertainment. Apple TV gives you access to the biggest names in entertainment, in up to 1080p HD. Just plug it in and enjoy a whole world of films, sport, music and more. And you can show anything that’s on your iOS device or Mac on your HDTV with AirPlay.
What is Apple TV? The entertainment you love. At your command. Apple TV gives you access to tons of great HD content in a tiny package. Enjoy blockbuster films, live sport and news, your music, photos and more — all on your high-definition TV. You can even play content from your iOS devices or Mac on your TV using AirPlay.
What’s on Apple TV? Make any time prime time. Choose from thousands of blockbusters in addition to classic films from iTunes — many in stunning 1080p HD. Get great bonus content like behind-the-scenes footage, cast and crew interviews, and deleted scenes on HD films1 with iTunes Extras
AirPlay. Play content from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac on your HDTV.
Wirelessly play video, show off photos, and enjoy music and more from your iOS devices or Mac on your HDTV and home entertainment system.2 And with Peer-to-peer AirPlay, guests can wirelessly and quickly connect to your Apple TV without being on the same network or signing in with a password.
Your photos, videos and music. Memories take centre stage.
Share your favourite memories and music on your HDTV. iMovie Theater presents your home movies for all to see, you can stream songs straight from your iTunes library, and your photos are available from your iCloud photo stream or from your Mac or PC.1 With Apple TV, your favourite stuff never looked — or sounded — so good.
Store it in iCloud. Watch it on Apple TV. With iCloud, you can buy films on Apple TV, and watch them on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Mac or PC. And vice versa.2 iCloud also stores your photos and videos, pushing them wirelessly to all your devices1 — including your HDTV via Apple TV. It’s the easiest way to get instant access to your content, no matter which device you’re using.
Small. Powerful. Eﬃcient. Quiet, energy efficient and so small it fits in the palm of your hand, Apple TV sits neatly on a TV stand or in a crowded media cabinet. When it’s not filling your living room with drama, romance and comedy, it uses less power than a night light. And the included Apple Remote makes it easy to get to your favourite entertainment.
Remote app. Control Apple TV with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Easy setup. To set up Apple TV, just plug the power lead into the wall and connect Apple TV to your high-definition TV using an HDMI cable (sold separately). Getting started couldn’t be simpler — just hold your iPhone or iPad with Bluetooth turned on near Apple TV and it will learn about your home network and receive your account settings automatically.7 Since everything streams wirelessly to Apple TV using your Wi‑Fi network, that’s all you need to do. Except make popcorn.Specifications:
Size and Weight
- Height: 23 mm (0.9 inches)
- Width: 98 mm (3.9 inches)
- Depth: 98 mm (3.9 inches)
- Weight: 0.27 kg (0.6 pounds)1
In the Box
- Apple TV
- Apple Remote
- Power lead
- Apple single-core A5 chip
- System Requirements
- HDMI cable (sold separately).
- High-definition TV with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p.2
- Wi-Fi (802.11a, b, g or n) wireless network (wireless video streaming requires 802.11a, g or n) or 10/100BASE-T Ethernet network.
- iTunes Store account for buying or renting films and buying music.
- iCloud account for viewing photos and videos from iCloud photo stream and movies in iMovie Theater.
- For streaming media from a Mac or PC: iTunes 10.6 or later; iTunes Store account for Home Sharing.
- Peer-to-peer AirPlay requires a Mac (2012 or later) with OS X Yosemite or an iOS device (2012 or later) with iOS 8 and works with Apple TV (model A1469) running Apple TV software 7.0.
- Subscription may be required to access some content.
Ports and Interfaces
- Optical audio
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet
- Built-in IR receiver
- Micro-USB (for service and support)
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Bluetooth support for Apple Wireless Keyboard (requires Apple TV software version 5.2 or later)
- Built-in 6-watt universal power supply
- Environmental Requirements
- Operating temperature: 0° to 35° C (32° to 95° F)
- Storage temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 3,000 metres (10,000 feet)
Video Formats H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats
MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640x480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats
Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280x720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Audio Formats. HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through
JPEG, GIF, TIFF
TV Compatibility Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz,2 including popular models from these manufacturers: Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, Vizio, Westinghouse
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R549 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R549 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.