Folding Digital Meat Thermometer (Black)
Folding Digital Meat Thermometer (Black)
Sometimes it is hard to know when your food is ready and when it is a perfect medium-rare. Well, you don't have to worry anymore. This handy meat thermometer will remove the guessing work, and make you a master chef, that cooks perfect meat for your family or friends.
It is an ideal digital thermometer for the kitchen or braai. Best used with beef, lamb, pork, and chicken. It's simple to use: Insert the probe into your meat and the reading will display the internal temperature. Also see our wireless meat thermometer if you're looking for an advanced version.
- Accurate LCD temperature display to ensure your food is cooked to perfection
- Fast temperature measurement
- Low power consumption, high stability and high accuracy
- Internal Fahrenheit/Celsius Conversion Switch for worldwide usage
- One-touch operation, easy to use
- Ideal for beef, lamb, pork, and chicken usage
- Can also be used for other food and cooking measurements
How To Know When The Meat Is Cooked Properly?
- Measuring Meat: beef, lamb, pork, chicken, and turkey
- Display: LCD
- Measuring range: -50 to 300 degrees Celsius (-58 to 572 degrees Fahrenheit), display resolution ±0.1 degrees Celsius
- Accurate temperature measurement: plus or minus 1 degree Celsius
- Hold the temperature reading (HOLD button)
- Automatic shutdown in 10 minutes
- Waterproof: it can completely invade the bubble water (easy to clean, it should not be invaded for a long time)
- Light blue backlight
- Maximum and minimum temperature storage (you can press the button to view the measured maximum and minimum temperature)
- The magnet inside the rear device can be attracted to the iron kitchen utensils.
- Use battery: CR2032 (included)
- Overall dimensions: length 165 x width 42 x thickness 20mm
- Probe length: 111mm
- Display size: 40×15mm
- Single weight: 91g (net weight), 106 (gross weight)
- 1.Please wash it after use.
- 2.Do not put the product in a high-temperature environment.
- 3.Do not put the product in a place that children can get it.
What is the Temperature Danger Zone for Food?
The temperature danger zone for food is the term used to describe the temperature range where food is most at risk of developing harmful bacteria. Food in the danger zone is at risk of causing illness to anyone who handles or consumes it. Keeping food out of the danger zone will ensure it’s safe to eat by limiting the growth of bacteria.
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) sets the danger zone between 8 °C and 60 °C, and this is the range you want to keep your food out of. This means that food is safest when it is either frozen, chilled, or heated beyond 60 °C.
Temperatures below 8 °C significantly slow bacteria growth – the colder it is, the harder for bacteria to multiply. It is important to note, however, that freezing food doesn’t eliminate bacteria. Therefore any food that is defrosted needs extra steps, such as cooking, to ensure that it’s safe to eat. Some bacteria can even steadily multiply at temperatures of -5 °C, and this is why you should always be careful when accepting frozen deliveries.
Bacteria is happiest when it is warm, and it will multiply the quickest between 20 °C and 50 °C. The optimum temperature for bacteria growth is 37 °C – the same temperature as the human body. Fortunately, controlling the temperature of food is relatively easy to do. However, you need to consider the storage of food items and how they are prepared before being consumed. Read more about the temperature danger zone .
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R549 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R549 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.