Parrot Bebop Drone Area 1 Full-HD WiFi Quadcopter (Blue)
Parrot Bebop Drone Area 1 Full-HD WiFi Quadcopter (Blue)
Spares: need spares for your Bebop? [Pricelist]
Own the skies with the latest high-tech full-hd installment from Parrot - the Bebop Drone. The Bebop Drone combines the best technologies that Parrot has developed over the years with their AR Drone 1, AR Drone 2 and Mini Drones. With it's 14 mega pixel Full HD fish-eye camera, you become a virtual pilot and experience a true First Person View of your flight. The Bebop Drone features some mighty impressive safety features like: emergency mode, gyroscopic stabilisers, GPS route planning, return home functionality and an improved sturdy and robust frame - so you know your investment is protected and you can focus on piloting your Parrot Bebop drone whilst capturing cinematic video in all its crisp full-HD glory.
- Own the sky with Parrot Bebop Drone ultimate camera.
- Lightweight & safe
- Full HD video, stabilized on 3-axes
- First Person View piloting
- 2 batteries included - each providing 12-15 mins of flight time
- Ready-to-fly out of the box!
Built with safety in mind. Its feather-weight ABS reinforced structure (400g) makes Parrot Bebop Drone robust and safe. In the event of any collision, the propellers stop automatically. The emergency mode allows the drone to land immediately. Thanks to a GPS system, a Return Home function brings the Bebop drone easily back to its take-off point. Finally, EPP hulls included in the pack makes indoor flights safer.
Return Home. When “Return Home” is selected, the Bebop Drone returns directly to its starting position when the altitude is greater than 10 meters. If the altitude is less or equal to 10 meters, it will rise and stabilize itself at 10 meters before returning to its take-off position in a straight line. Once it has reached its take-off position, it will stop and hover 2 meters above the ground.
Advanced technology. Parrot Bebop Drone delivers the best performance: 8x times more powerful than Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 onboard computer, Bebop Drone navigation computer features a Parrot P7 dual-core CPU, quad-core GPU and 8 GB of Flash Memory. All are fixed on a magnesium shelf that acts as a radiator and electromagnetic shielding. Runs on Linux with SDK available for Developers.
Parrot Bebop Drone generates its own Wi-Fi hotspot. MIMO Wi-Fi connection: Parrot Bebop Drone embarks 2 dual-band Wi-Fi antennas that allows it to handle both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz MIMO frequencies. It generates its own Wi-Fi 802.11 network. Depending on the network interference, you can select the frequency of your choice.
Easy disassembly. All parts of Bebop Drone are removable for easy assembly and transport. Pilots can focus on flying and capturing incredible images and videos.
Astoundingly stable. To ensure an optimal stability without compromising the maneuverability, the Bebop Drone analyzes data from numerous sensors automatically: 3-axes accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, one ultrasound sensor with an 8 meters reach, one pressure sensor and a vertical camera to track the speed.
Freeflight 3: An ultra intuitive application. The Parrot Bebop Drone comes with a free piloting application, Freeflight 3, for iOS and Android Smartphones and tablets. The user-friendly application has been developed to be very easy to use allowing the pilot to focus on the pleasure of flying. Once on the welcome screen, the pilot accesses the following functionalites: Piloting, photos/videos, Cloud "Pilot Academy"...
Complete user settings for altitude and speed, piloting mode (accelerometer, virtual joystick...). FreeFlight app also includes fun features such as one-touch Flip!
FreeFlight 3 is also the piloting app for Parrot MiniDrones.
Pilot to the map with Flight Plan. The Bebop Drone integrates a GNSS chipset that associates the GPS + GLONASS data. Plan your flights on your smartphone/tablet by touching waypoints on your screen and let the drone do the hard part. In addition to increasing the stability in high altitude, it also allows autonomous flights and automatics return to the take-off position. With the recorded data (altitude, speed...), you are able to replay your flights modeled in 3D on the Parrot Academy map. Flight Plan will be made available soon as an in-app purchase in FreeFlight 3.
- ConnectivityWi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Wi-Fi antennas: MIMO dual-band with 2 double-sets of dipole antennas for 2.4 and 5 GHz (fig.7)
- Sending power: Up to 21 dBm
- Signal range: Up to 250 meters
- 4 Brushless Outrunner motors (fig.3)
- Glass fiber reinforced (15%) ABS structure (fig.4)
- High-resistance EPP outdoor hull: Clip and unclip easily to adapt to indoor and outdoor flight, protects the propellers against potential bumps, can be removed to reduce wind factor (fig.9)
- Three-blade auto-block propellers in Polycarbonate with fast disassembly system (fig.5)
- Anti-vibration bumpers (fig.10)
- Speed13 m/sCameraCMOS 14Mpx, 1/2.3"
- "Camera with ""Fisheye"" lens 180° 1/2,2"": 6 optical elements and 14 Mega pixels sensor (fig.2)
- Video stabilization: Digital on 3-axes
- Video definition: 1920x1080p (30fps)
- Photo definition: 4096x3072 px
- Video encoding: H264
- Photo file format: JPEG, RAW, DNG
- Internal memory: Flash 8 GB
- BatteryLithium Polymer
- Lithium Polymer 1200 mAh
- Flight time: 22 minutes with 2 batteries included
- ProcessorCPU: Dual-Core
- Mother board: (fig.1)
- - Parrot P7 dual-core CPU Cortex 9
- - Quad core GPU
- - 8Gb flash memory
- All fixed on a magnesium shelf that acts as electromagnetic shielding and as a radiator
- Operating system: Linux
- Developping: Open-source SDK
- 3-axes magnetometer
- 3-axes gyroscope
- 3-axes accelerometer (fig.6)
- Optical-flow sensor (fig.8): Vertical stabilization camera (Every 16 milliseconds, an image of the ground is taken and compared to the previous one to determine the speed of the Bebop Drone)
- Ultrasound sensor (Analyzes the flight altitude up to 8 meters)
- Pressure sensor
- GNSS (GPS + GLONASS) (fig.6)
- 28x32x3.6cm without the hull
- 33x38x3.6cm with the hull
- With battery, 400g without the hull and 420g with the hull
- iOS, Android, Windows Phone Smartphones/tablets
- USB, Battery, ...
- 1 Parrot BeBop Drone
- 2 Batteries
- 1 Charger with US/ JP / UK / EU / ANZ plugs
- 1 Micro USB Cable
- 2 Indoor hull
- 4 Additional propellers
- 1 Propellers mounting tool
- 1 Quick start guide
Do I need a license to fly this Drone in South Africa?
In line with regulations if it's for personal/hobby use, then the short answer is no you don't need a license as it's considered a personal RPAS (Remotely piloted Aircraft System).
Under the new regulations Hobby Pilots:
- Do not need an RPL (Remote Pilots Licence).
- Do not need to register their RPAS aircraft.
- Do not need Ops Manual, ROC, RLA, etc.
- Do not need air services licence.
- Can fly RPAS up to 7kg weight.
- Can fly at night (previous not allowed for any RC aircraft).
- Can fly up to the height of the highest object in 300m of the drone (or up to a max of 400 feet, whichever is the lower of the 2).
- Can fly up to 500m away from the pilot, while maintaining direct line of sight (RVLOS).
- Need to keep more than 50m from people.
- Need to keep more than 50m from roads.
- Need to keep more than 50m from buildings.
- Need to keep more than 10km from an aerodrome (airport or airstrip).
- May not fly in No Fly Zones.
- Do not need a handheld Fire Extinguisher.
- Do not need a First Aid Kit.
video link: https://youtu.be/6ZdSMAG90Rs
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
- Samsung S series
- Android phones
- Samsung Galaxy Tab
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.