If you travel or leave town quite a bit, you may already realise that it’s not always convenient (and / or possible) to take your entire collection of toiletries, skincare items, fragrances etc with you, as space is always at a premium. And especially nowadays with long-haul flights being incredibly strict toward security and the quantities of gels, creams and liquids you may take on as hand luggage.
On long haul trips I find myself having 2 toiletry bags, one for the flight – containing bare essentials to get me through night and have me looking a little less grizzly the next morning. And secondly, a main toiletry bag containing all my travel and skincare essentials needed on a day-to-day basis.
The following lists contain a few handy essentials and tips you shouldn’t do without whilst going abroad or travelling:
Flight / Trip Bag:
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste and dental floss.
- Deodorant – Take along a roll-on as it’s more compact.
- Facial Moisturiser – Men u has a 15ml “Moisturiser Lift” which is small and perfect for travel. As well as being a great moisturiser for those dry-aired flight cabins.
- Facial Wash – Try the 15ml “Healthy Facial Wash” from Men u, cheap (£1.50) and compact.
- Mini fragrance – Buy yourself a dinky 10ml bottle of your favourite fragrance from ebay for less than a tenner. It’s small enough to fit in your pocket, and great for when you need a top up.
- Hair pomade – The ‘seat head’ look never really did take off. Make sure your mop is in check the morning after with the Classic Styling Wax 50g.
- Lip balm – never leave home without it!
- Eye Drops – These are essential if you’re catching the ‘red eye’ flight or driving for prolonged periods.
Main Toiletry Bag:
- Shave Gel & Razor – Try the Nickel Smooth Operator 125ml which leaves your skin feeling great and is half the size of a regular shaving foam tin.
- Facial Toner – Helps minimize pores and creates and even complexion. Also don’t forget your cotton pads or wool.
- Facial Scrub – Clear away those dead skin cells for a healthy and glowing complexion.
- Shampoo & Conditioner – If you prefer not to use our shower gel as a shampoo or have longer hair, make sure and pack separate shampoo and conditioner.
- Body Moisturiser with SPF – Always remember to apply your SPF moisturiser 15 minutes before going out into the sun.
- Shower Gel – The modern man shudders at the thought of using regular soap, have a look at Radox Shower Fresh which is infused with invigorating minerals and herbs.
- Ear buds – You can’t do without these little fellas.
- Facecloth and / or Shower mesh sponge – Essential to getting rid of that dirt build up.
- Condoms – also handy to ‘waterproof’ items in and around – you guessed it – water.
The following are a few items that you could ‘live’ without but would be handy, provided you have the space:
- Facial Clay Mask – Removes impurities whilst giving the skin a healthy soft and supple appearance. ** Try Nickel Moisturising Mask 50ml #2
- 2nd Fragrance – Variety is the spice of life, so add a second fragrance to alternate your ‘aroma’.
- Electric razor (and charger plus travel connector) – I personally prefer the closeness of a razor shave but an electric is great if you’re in a hurry.
- Anti-shine Mattifying Gel – Handy for oily or combination skin to combat that greasy look.
- Under Eye Cream – These great overnight creams will remove puffiness and the appearance of fatigue. ** Try Skin Doctors Instant Eyelift
Well there you have it, these handy lists should definitely give you a head start next time you’re thinking about which items to pack in your toiletry bag.