ION® Copycat Handheld Portable Scanner
If it’s not on the web it doesn’t exist. Well that’s what we’ve heard. Thankfully it’s a load of codswallop because plenty of pages exist outside the pixellated confines of your computer. But not for long because the amazing CopyCat Handheld Scanner is here to digitise anything and everything you fancy.
This ingenious battery-operated device allows you to capture books, magazine pages, photos, text and virtually any document you can think of in a matter of seconds, wherever you may roam. Simply sweep it across the required pages and presto, the high res images are written onto micro SD card (up to 32GB), ready for idiot-proof USB drag-and-drop transfer to PC or Mac.
Capable of storing more than 30,000 pages, the CopyCat scans colour images at an impressive 600 dpi, and comes with nifty OCR software that converts text images into editable text in Word, Clipboard or Excel.*
Just think, armed with a CopyCat you can scan images from magazines in the dentist’s waiting room, scan reams of the nearest swot’s homework, copy photos on the fly and even store newspaper pages for subsequent study.
Apparently this compact page muncher utilises real-time distortion compensation and capture-optimising feedback for great scans. Whatever. All we know is the in-depth Girls Aloud swimwear feature in last month’s Girl Band Weekly is now safely digitised and stored in our ‘important cultural icons’ file.
A great gizmo for anyone drowning in paperwork, the CopyCat is guaranteed to come in handy in all kinds of scenario, serious or frivolous. Scantastic
- Handheld scanner for books, papers, photos, and other documents
- High-resolution, colour scanning up to 600 DPI
- Colour, monochrome, and resolution options for full-page scans as fast as two seconds
- Scans in JPEG format onto micro SD cards up to 32GB and transfers to computer via USB
- Realtime distortion compensation and capture-optimizing feedback for great scans
- Runs on two included AA batteries for more than 200 pages
- COPY CAT device
- Carry pouch
- Cleaning cloth
- Calibration card
- Two AA batteries
- USB cable
- Software CD
- Quick start guide
- Resolutions: 600x600, 300x300 DPI
- Modes: Color 600 DPI, Color 300 DPI, Monochrome 600 DPI, Monochrome 300 DPI
- File format: JPEG
- Max scanning area (WxL): 8.27" x 50" (300 DPI) /25" (600 DPI)
- White balance: Auto
- Display: LCD
- Requires Micro SD Card, not included
- USB: USB 2.0
- System compatibility: Windows 7, XP SP2, Vista, Mac OS X 10.4+
- The CopyCat will work both on PCs and Macs as the device is driver free. However the software that is included to convert text images into editable text is PC only.
- Requires a Micro SD Card to save the scans onto - not included in box
Portable Scanner, Handheld Scanner, Mobile Scanner