Goal Zero Nomad 28 Plus
Goal Zero Nomad 28 Plus
A 28-Watt panel reengineered to be lighter and smarter, the Nomad 28 Plus Solar Panel has the innovative technology to charge USB devices directly from the sun. Detachable kickstand for modularity and power-flow indicator ensure the best solar charging experience. Larger footprint allows for quicker charging for the Yeti and Sherpa power packs.
Smart Charging for Phones and Tablets Features a dynamic auto-restart and smart electronics to charge phones, tablets and other USB-powered gear directly from the sun, even in cloudy conditions.
Solar Intensity Indicator + Junction Box Take the guess work out of charging from the sun. Easy-to-read LED indicator display strength of solar conditions and provides immediate feedback on the speed of charging.
Waterproof and Modular Rugged, waterproof construction means power without worry. Removable kickstand provides optimum angle placement toward the sun.
- Solar Capacity: 28W (18-22V)
- Power Output: USB 2.4A (12W max)
- Weight: 3.0 lbs (1360 g)
- Ideal for: Yetis, Sherpas, Smartphone, Tablets, GPS, Headlamp
- Cell Type: Monocrystalline
- Features: Waterproof, Kickstand / Solar intensity indicator
How it works:
Charging phones, batteries and other USB-powered devices from the Nomad 28 Plus is as easy as plugging in. Open the Nomad 28 Plus and face the panel toward the sun and check the Solar Intensity Indicator for current solar conditions. 2 or more lights, you're good to go. Then plug in your phone or recharger into the junction box and charge up.
All the cables you need to recharge Sherpa Power Packs and Goal Zero Yeti Portable Power Stations are included in the back of the Nomad 28 Plus. The same cable can be used to chain the Nomad 28 Plus with other chainable Nomad Plus and Nomad Solar Panels.
Junction box + Solar Intensity Indicator
This is where the brains of the Nomad 28 Plus live. Several key components work together to ensure you have the best solar charging experience, including the Solar Intensity Indicator. These 4 LED lights are indicative of current solar conditions and give you an idea of how well your gear will charge.
Once you plug into the Nomad 28 Plus, the lights will blink in accordance with how fast your gear is charging. Think you should be seeing more lights? Try re-positioning the Nomad 28 Plus toward the sun and watch how the lights and speed of charge indicator change. The best charging scenario for phones and other USB-powered devices is 2 or more lights.
The Nomad 28 Plus features an auto restart that's smarter than anything else on the market. With the ability to track power flow history, the Nomad 28 Plus knows the difference between a device that has reached a fully charged state and one that disconnects due to environmental causes (i.e., lack of sunlight, shadow, solar eclipse, etc). When the latter is detected, the Nomad 28 Plus will automatically reconnect the charging device, no extra work on your part is needed.
The Nomad 28 Plus's detachable kickstand allows you to be as lightweight as you need to be. Leave it attached with the magnets and it pops out to an optimal angle for positioning toward the sun. It also provides natural shade and a vented pocket for devices you have plugged in.
Chaining panels is a great way to collect more power from the sun and recharge devices quicker. You can chain up to 150W of solar panels together, that would be about five Nomad 28 Plus Solar Panels; however we don't recommend more than four in a chain since there will be loss of voltage over a long distance. The farther the power has to travel through cables, from panel to panel, the more power you will lose
Charges the following:
- Goal Zero Switch 10/Flip 10: 2.5-3 Hours
- Flip 20: 4-5 Hours
- Flip 30: 5-8 Hours
- Venture 30: 5-8 Hours
- Sherpa 50: 4-8 Hours
- Sherpa 100: 7-14 Hours
- Yeti 400: 29-57 Hours
- Rated Power: 28W
- Open Circuit Voltage: 18-22V
- Cell Type: Monocrystalline
- USB Port: 5V, up to 2.4 A (12W max)
- Solar Port (8.0mm): 14-22V, up to 2.4A (28W max)
- Product SKU: 11805
- Weight with Kickstand: 3.0 lbs (1360 g)
- Weight without Kickstand: 2.5 lbs (1134 g)
- Dimensions (unfolded): 12.1 x 31.6 x 0.1 in (31 x 80 x 0.2 cm)
- Dimensions (folded): 12.1 x 7.9 x 1 in (31 x 20 x 2.5 cm)
- Max Leg Angle: 90 degrees
In the box:
- 1 x Nomad 28 Plus Solar Panel
- 1 x Removable Kickstand/Zippered Pouch
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.