Little Log Book GPS Trip Logger for Private & Business
Little Log Book GPS Trip Logger for Private & Business
Current tax laws in South Africa require that ALL taxpayers with a car allowance submit a detailed logbook of business mileage. Without this logbook, the monthly tax benefits received are lost and the shortages would need to be paid back to SARS at the end of the tax year.
For example, if you drive a vehicle with a value of between R180k and R240k and drive approximately 24 000 business km's a year, this may result in an amount of around R28k being refunded to you by SARS. This is an unnecessary amount to lose, specifically because an inexpensive solution is available.
Little LogBook is a GPS device, no larger than a flash drive. It uses a minimum of four satellites to log your kilometers as you drive. This information is translated into a SARS-compliant report, using powerful software developed and supported in South Africa.
The beauty of Little LogBook is the simplicity of use and wealth of information gained.
Start by plugging the device into the cigarette lighter to power up.
Little LogBook will automatically log all mileage on the device as you drive around.
End by downloading the information via your USB port on your PC to Little LogBook software.
HOW IT WORKS:
Place the Little LogBook device in an upright position on the dashboard of the vehicle, ensuring a clear view of the sky and satellites above. The Little LogBook is kept in position with the adhesive dashboard strips provided.
Connect the Little LogBook to the vehicle's cigarette lighter socket, using the power supply included. A solid green LED lights up on the device and it starts searching for satellites immediately, until a lock is made on a minimum of four satellites.
As accuracy is key to the Little LogBook's function, it is important to wait until a full fix is achieved before departing on a business trip. This full acquisition of satellites is indicated on the device when the green LED starts flashing.
The Little LogBook is now geared for action.The light will remain flashing as long as it has sight of at least four satellites. Light returns to solid if satellites are lost.As you drive around, the Little LogBook does everything automatically. It commits to memory GPS co-ordinates every 3 seconds, ensuring optimal accuracy of the mileage recorded and your SARS tax report.
To improve start up time, the Little LogBook is AGPS enabled. In short, Advanced Global Positioning Satellite (AGPS) positions are uploaded onto the Little LogBook dongle automatically when the unit is synced with the Little LogBook software loaded on your PC. This information guides the device in searching for the satellites by mapping the sky. The information is available weekly for the ensuing week and greatly improves on start up times, therefore also improving accuracy.
Although Little LogBook does all the hard work for you, you are still required to identify business trips, including adding the qualifying reason for the business trip, to generate the SARS compliant tax report. This can be done at any time as the software has been cleverly designed to assist in clearly recalling and viewing previous trips and effortlessly assisting in turning the data into a SARS-compliant log.
Rename destinations in the Little LogBook software - e.g. Mbeleni Data Solutions - and every time you revisit the client, Mbeleni Data Solutions is reflected in the report for ease of use. However, we suggest syncing Little LogBook with your PC once a week while the memories are fresh and trips are recent.
Besides always having the updated AGPS data, ensuring your Little LogBook is synced weekly has many benefits. Should the unforeseen happen and your device is lost, stolen or damaged, the vital information on it will be lost along with it.
- Quickly itentify unknown trips by viewing the trip at street level on Google Maps
- Records upto 210 hours of data
- Mileage report filter
- Export to Excel (.csv)
- Export to Google Earth (.kml)
- No cables required
- Mark trips as private or business – if business, add relevant trip information.
- The software automatically identifies the GEO locations, e.g. Randburg. These can be renamed, e.g. Office. Every time you return to that point, the software will instinctively recognize that you are at the "Office".
- 65 channels satellite tracking
- Start up times (Satellite dependant): 2 – 180 seconds
- Superior sensitivity: -160dBm tracking
- Update Rate: 1 Hz (max)
- Dynamics: 4G (39.2 m/sec2)
- Dimension: 2.89 in (L) x 1.06 in (W) x 0.39 in (H)
- Support standard NMEA-0183 at 4800/9600/19200/38400 bps
- GPS protocol: NMEA +0183 - GGA, GSA, GSV, GLL, RMC, VTG, ZDA
- DATUM: WGS84 (User Definable)
- Support AGPS
- SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS) support
- 2MB flash memory for data logging, with 16 bytes binary data per record that stores up to 250K
- Start & stop locations can be renamed by user
- Support G-mouse function
- Accuracy: Position: 5m CEP without SA
Velocity: 0.1m/sec, without SA
Time: +/- 50ns synchronized to GPS time
- Operation Limits: Altitude < 18,000 m or Velocity < 515 m/s
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to 60°C ; Humidity: 5% ~ 95%
- USB 2.0
- USB powered
- Power Consumption < 42 mA (1Hz standard version)
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R60 for major centre areas and R120 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 50,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.