Kymera Magic Wand Remote Control
Kymera Magic Wand Remote Control
Harry Potter might be a dab hand at casting spells but we’ve yet to see him use his wand to switch off Holby City, series link EastEnders or mute Jeremy Kyle mid-rant. And that’s because the annoying little brat has only got a wand, not the Wand.
Utterly astounding, this beautifully crafted gizmo looks like the kind of thing you might find in Diagon Alley. The difference is you use it to control your telly, Sky, digibox, stereo or any other infra-red device via various abracadabra-ish gestures. Simply swish, whirl and flick to change channels, adjust volume and much more. Incredible! What Katie and Peter Did Next? *ZAP!* Who cares? Your swish really is its command.
Totally button-free, the Wand can ‘learn’ up to 13 infrared codes from your existing remote(s) and fling them into the ether when you perform one of 13 predefined gestures. It’s a kind of magic. Okay, it isn’t but making Vernon Kay vanish has never been such fun. Silencio Imbecilicus!
You can assign various functions to various moves: flicks to turn on and off; spins to control volume; big swishes to mute and so on. You’ll be flicking just for the fun of it. Better still, rival wizards will be unable to mess with the telly or digibox unless you show them your moves. Hocus flippin’ pocus!
To add to its supernatural nature, the Wand also features a ‘heartbeat’ in the form of various pulses that confirm gesture recognition and tell you when the batteries are low. It even goes into sleep mode after 60 seconds of inactivity and ‘wakes’ when you pick it up. It’s just like having a real magic wand, only you won’t have to wear a stupid cloak or marry Debbie McGee. Magic!
Gorgeously packaged in a smart presentation box, the Wand is set to become the remote control of choice for any gadgeteer with Potter-esque aspirations. So don’t be a Muggle, get ordering. It’s totally wizard!
- 1 - Rotate anticlockwise (typically used for “volume down” function)
- 2 - Rotate clockwise (typically used for “volume up” function)
- 3 - Flick upwards
- 4 - Flick downwards
- 5 - Flick left
- 6 - Flick right
- 7 - Tap on top
- 8 - Tap on side
- 9 - Big swish
- 10 - Push forward
- 11 - Pull back
- 12 - Double tap top
- 13 - Double tap side
|Some example movements|
|FLICK RIGHT: A short positive flick of the tip of the wand, to the right, moving wand back slowly does not confuse the gesture. (Rating-Student)||FLICK DOWN: A short positive flick of the tip of the wand, moving wand back slowly does not confuse the gesture. (Rating-Student)|
|VOLUME UP: Roll your wand between your thumb and fingers slowly & smootly. Volume up & down, usually clockwise and anticlockwise (Rating-Graduate)||SINGLE TAP: Hold your wand by the handle and tap firmly with your index finger, ideally on the crisscross area. (Rating-Graduate)|
|BIG SWISH: A powerful movement from the top straight down in front of you, needs practise. (Rating-Graduate)||SIDE TAP: Rotate wand a quarter turn so that your index finger is at the side wait half a second and tap on side of wand. (Rating-Graduate)|
- Practice mode - allows the user to practise making the gestures and verify that they have been recognised correctly before learning associated IR data.
- Sleep mode - the wand will enter a low-power sleep mode after 60 seconds of inactivity.
- Learning mode - you can teach it one or more new codes for any of the possible gestures.
- Wand measures 35.5cm(L) x 2cm(D)
- Requires 2x AAA batteries (included)
Instruction manual supplied. Download PDF
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R60 for major centre areas and R120 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 50,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.