Veho Muvi Atom 2 Megapixel Micro DV Camera (2GB)
Veho Muvi Atom 2 Megapixel Micro DV Camera (2GB)
Remember when camcorders were bigger than Volvo estates and heavier than anvils? No, neither do we. We chose to forget about the humungous contraptions the day digital camcorders hit the scene. And looking, nay squinting, at the Muvi Micro and Atom Camcorders, who can blame us?
Impossibly titchy (we're talking biro top here, folks), this ludicrously peasy movie cam is set to redefine the genre. One button does the lot. Moreover, at only 4cm x 2cm x 2cm (Atom), it's the smallest camcorder in the world. You can even wear it around your neck and use it as a webcam. Try doing that with your old tape-munching camcorder. Actually, don't. You'll hurt yourself and break your computer.
Despite its eye-rubbing weeny-ness the Muvi records in VGA quality (640x480) equivalent to the best selling (and comparatively enormous) Mino and Ultra by Flip. Incredible! Videos are stored on the included 2GB Micro SD card, but for those of you who prefer real epics the Muvi can handle cards up to 8GB.
Wannabe movie moguls with a penchant for boxing gloves (well you never know) can rest easy because the Muvi has a special VOX mode that lets you start/stop recording using your voice (or any other noise over 65 decibels). "Annnnd….action!" It's ideal for those moments when your hands aren't to…erm, hand, or you feel like going on a Christian Bale style rant.
Time for a road trip!
Speaking of action, this sleek miracle of miniaturisation is encased in a tough metal shell, so you can video that bloke out of Kings of Leon's lower legs from the mosh pit without having to refer to the guarantee. Better still, if you're into mountain biking, snowboarding and walking around the pub with a camera strapped to your nut, the boffins behind the Muvi have created an Extreme Sports Pack. This smart collection of brackets, clips and straps allows all you Jackass types to attach the camera to almost anything. Even your helmet.
As you've undoubtedly guessed, the Muvi is charged via USB while uploaded movies can be fiddled with using the included software. In fact the only thing not included is a bunch of imbecilic friends who'll pass out, trip over and drop their pants for your movie making amusement. That's a wrap.
Muvi Micro DV Cam:
- The 2MP lens records in 640 x 480 at up to 30 frames per second (can be upgraded with a Class 6 8GB Micro SD memory card).
- Built-in mic allows you to record sound and use voice activated record.
- Records to Micro SD card (2GB included - can be upgraded up to 8GB).
- 1GB of memory can record up to 1 hour of footage - so 2GB will record 2 hours.
- Requires a USB socket for charging (cable included).
- Compatible with Windows and Mac.
- Powered by rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery (included).
- Suitable for ages 14 years +.
- 5.5 x 2 x 1.6 cm.
The Extreme Sports Pack (sold separately) includes:
- 1 x Muvi additional spring mounting clip.
- 1 x mounting bracket for bike & helmet.
- 1 x magnetic mounting bracket for wall.
- 1 x silicon protective sleeve for the Muvi.
- 1 x arm strap.
- 1 x head/helmet strap.
- 1 x velcro mounting bracket.
- 2 x mounting bracket screws.
- 3 x mounting bracket straps.
Atom Mini Muvi Cam
- It really is extremely tiny.
- 2 megapixel lens.
- Video recording rate of 30 frames per second (thanks to FRE technology).
- Also takes still photos with 1280 x 960 resolution.
- VOX mode enables user to use voice commands to start and stop filming.
- Crocodile clip style design for easy mounting.
- Charges via USB (all relevant wires included).
- Also comes with sports attachments so that camera can be attached to sporting equipment.
- Video editing software included (on CD).
- Comes with 2GB SD card for video/photo storage.
- Suitable for ages 8 years + (it's almost a choking hazard).
- 4 x 2 x 1.6 cm.
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 50,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.