Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Quadcopter - All New Elite Edition
Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Quadcopter - All New Elite Edition
Take off with the AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition from Parrot! This quadricopter is controlled intuitively using a smartphone or tablet. Enjoy a unique flying experience! View the Earth from above, in high definition, and share your experience with
other AR Drone pilots all around the world.
Easily controlled by Wi-Fi using a Smartphone or Tablet, the latest Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition collection offers enthusiasts a choice of three classic camouflaged styles comprising sand, snow or jungle liveries, inspired by desert, arctic and rain forest landscapes.
Each individual product is supplied attractively packaged in its own specially designed printed carton with a distinctive indoor and outdoor hull, plus one pair of black propellers and another customised pair of propellers to compliment the colour scheme.
Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Box Contents:
The exclusive Elite Edition packaging includes one 1000mAh lithium polymer battery to provide up to twelve minutes of flying time, plus a convenient mains charger with international adaptors. Featuring a high definition camera with a video recording facility, plus flight data sharing, a patented piloting mode, and an innovative pressure sensor for increased stability at any altitude, Parrot's amazing AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition quadricopter can even perform four axis flips on command!
- 3 Classic Camouflaged colours
- High definition camera with video recording facility
- Performs four axis flips on command
Record and Share in HD:
- As you fly, the HD video is recorded and sent directly to your device. With one click, upload your video from the user-friendly interface seamlessly to YouTube or share your pictures on Picasa. With the new piloting application, everything is simple and done wirelessly in an instant. For pilots looking to shoot longer videos, a USB plug-in has been added for larger recording storage.
- Download AR.FreeFlight 2.0, the free control application, on the App Store or Google Play and you are ready to fly! By tilting your device, you control the direction of your AR.Drone 2.0, and by releasing it, the AR.Drone 2.0 is
Pilot Like a Pro:
- Thanks to the autopilot feature on the AR.Drone 2.0, anyone can be an expert as the embedded sensors allow for easy take-off and landing. The new AR.Drone 2.0 also features the exclusive and patented Absolute Control* piloting mode for beginners that can be adjusted with your growing
Join a community of Pilots:
- Keep track of your flight data, location, photos and videos and share them with a community of other pilots from all over the world thanks to the AR.Drone Academy. Check who is flying in your neighborhood or watch
videos from pilots at the other end of the world!
- With the new AR.Drone 2.0-generated Wi-Fi® n Connection, you can fly as far as 165 feet away. The AR.Drone 2.0 pressure sensors on-board provide unique stability that will automatically correct and maintain a still position in the air regardless of altitude and wind up to 15 m/h.
- This flip move is exclusive to AR.Drone 2.0! Become a daring pilot and perform barrel rolls by simply hitting a button.
HD Video Recording:
- Get high definition live video streaming to your Smartphone or tablet during flight. See a clean, sharp image just as if you were in the pilot seat.
- HD Camera: 720p 30fps
- Wide angle lens : 92° diagonal
- Video storage on the fly with
- Wi-Fi®directly on your remote, device or on a USB Key
- H264 encoding base profile
- Low latency streaming
- JPEG photo capture
- Trying your most daring tricks won't even challenge this cutting edge design which is made to last.
- Foam to isolate the inertial center from the engines' vibrations
- Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) hulls
- Carbon fiber tubes : Total weight 380g with outdoor hull, 420g with indoor hull
- High grade 30% fiber charged nylon plastic parts
- Liquid Repellent Nano-Coating on ultrasound sensors
- Fully reparable: All parts and instructions for repairing available on Parrot Website
- Fly high. Fly fast.
- 3 elements 1.000 mA/H LiPo rechargeable battery
- Specific high propelled drag for great maneuverability
- 8 MIPS AVR CPU per motor controller
- 4 brushless inrunner motors.
- 14.5 watt and 28 500 rpm when hovering
- Self-lubricating bronze bearings
- Tempered steel propeller shafts
- Low noise Nylatron gears for
- 8.625 propeller reductor
- Micro ball bearing
- Rare earth magnets
- Emergency stop controlled by software
- Fully reprogrammable motor controller
- Water resistant motor's electronic controller
- AR.Drone 2.0's on-board technology gives you precision control and automatic stabilization features.
- 1GHz 32 bit ARM Cortex A8 processor with 800MHz video
- 1Gbit DDR2 RAM at 200MHz
- 3 axis accelerometer +/- 50mg precision
- 3 axis gyroscope 2000°/second precision
- Pressure sensor +/- 10 Pa precision (80 cm / 2.6 feet at sea level)
- 60 fps vertical QVGA camera for ground speed measurement
- 3 axis magnetometer 6° precision
- Ultrasound sensors for ground altitude measurement
- Linux 2.6.32
- USB 2.0 high speed for extensions
Do I need a license to fly this Drone in South Africa?
In line with regulations if it's for personal/hobby use, then the short answer is no you don't need a license as it's considered a personal RPAS (Remotely piloted Aircraft System).
Under the new regulations Hobby Pilots:
- Do not need an RPL (Remote Pilots Licence).
- Do not need to register their RPAS aircraft.
- Do not need Ops Manual, ROC, RLA, etc.
- Do not need air services licence.
- Can fly RPAS up to 7kg weight.
- Can fly at night (previous not allowed for any RC aircraft).
- Can fly up to the height of the highest object in 300m of the drone (or up to a max of 400 feet, whichever is the lower of the 2).
- Can fly up to 500m away from the pilot, while maintaining direct line of sight (RVLOS).
- Need to keep more than 50m from people.
- Need to keep more than 50m from roads.
- Need to keep more than 50m from buildings.
- Need to keep more than 10km from an aerodrome (airport or airstrip).
- May not fly in No Fly Zones.
- Do not need a handheld Fire Extinguisher.
- Do not need a First Aid Kit.
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery.
Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment
- ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R850 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R130 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by Payfast using 128 bit SSL encryption. Payfast are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instant deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn up to 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R850 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.