Take off with the AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition from Parrot! This quadricopter is controlled intuitively using a smartphone or tablet. Enjoy a unique flying experience! View the Earth from above, in high definition, and share your experience with
other AR Drone pilots all around the world.
Easily controlled by Wi-Fi using a Smartphone or Tablet, the latest Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition collection offers enthusiasts a choice of three classic camouflaged styles comprising sand, snow or jungle liveries, inspired by desert, arctic and rain forest landscapes.
Each individual product is supplied attractively packaged in its own specially designed printed carton with a distinctive indoor and outdoor hull, plus one pair of black propellers and another customised pair of propellers to compliment the colour scheme.
Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Box Contents:
The exclusive Elite Edition packaging includes one 1000mAh lithium polymer battery to provide up to twelve minutes of flying time, plus a convenient mains charger with international adaptors. Featuring a high definition camera with a video recording facility, plus flight data sharing, a patented piloting mode, and an innovative pressure sensor for increased stability at any altitude, Parrot's amazing AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition quadricopter can even perform four axis flips on command!
- 3 Classic Camouflaged colours
- High definition camera with video recording facility
- Performs four axis flips on command
Record and Share in HD:
- As you fly, the HD video is recorded and sent directly to your device. With one click, upload your video from the user-friendly interface seamlessly to YouTube or share your pictures on Picasa. With the new piloting application, everything is simple and done wirelessly in an instant. For pilots looking to shoot longer videos, a USB plug-in has been added for larger recording storage.
- Download AR.FreeFlight 2.0, the free control application, on the App Store or Google Play and you are ready to fly! By tilting your device, you control the direction of your AR.Drone 2.0, and by releasing it, the AR.Drone 2.0 is
Pilot Like a Pro:
- Thanks to the autopilot feature on the AR.Drone 2.0, anyone can be an expert as the embedded sensors allow for easy take-off and landing. The new AR.Drone 2.0 also features the exclusive and patented Absolute Control* piloting mode for beginners that can be adjusted with your growing
Join a community of Pilots:
- Keep track of your flight data, location, photos and videos and share them with a community of other pilots from all over the world thanks to the AR.Drone Academy. Check who is flying in your neighborhood or watch
videos from pilots at the other end of the world!
- With the new AR.Drone 2.0-generated Wi-Fi® n Connection, you can fly as far as 165 feet away. The AR.Drone 2.0 pressure sensors on-board provide unique stability that will automatically correct and maintain a still position in the air regardless of altitude and wind up to 15 m/h.
- This flip move is exclusive to AR.Drone 2.0! Become a daring pilot and perform barrel rolls by simply hitting a button.
HD Video Recording:
- Get high definition live video streaming to your Smartphone or tablet during flight. See a clean, sharp image just as if you were in the pilot seat.
- HD Camera: 720p 30fps
- Wide angle lens : 92° diagonal
- Video storage on the fly with
- Wi-Fi®directly on your remote, device or on a USB Key
- H264 encoding base profile
- Low latency streaming
- JPEG photo capture
- Trying your most daring tricks won't even challenge this cutting edge design which is made to last.
- Foam to isolate the inertial center from the engines' vibrations
- Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) hulls
- Carbon fiber tubes : Total weight 380g with outdoor hull, 420g with indoor hull
- High grade 30% fiber charged nylon plastic parts
- Liquid Repellent Nano-Coating on ultrasound sensors
- Fully reparable: All parts and instructions for repairing available on Parrot Website
- Fly high. Fly fast.
- 3 elements 1.000 mA/H LiPo rechargeable battery
- Specific high propelled drag for great maneuverability
- 8 MIPS AVR CPU per motor controller
- 4 brushless inrunner motors.
- 14.5 watt and 28 500 rpm when hovering
- Self-lubricating bronze bearings
- Tempered steel propeller shafts
- Low noise Nylatron gears for
- 8.625 propeller reductor
- Micro ball bearing
- Rare earth magnets
- Emergency stop controlled by software
- Fully reprogrammable motor controller
- Water resistant motor's electronic controller
- AR.Drone 2.0's on-board technology gives you precision control and automatic stabilization features.
- 1GHz 32 bit ARM Cortex A8 processor with 800MHz video
- 1Gbit DDR2 RAM at 200MHz
- 3 axis accelerometer +/- 50mg precision
- 3 axis gyroscope 2000°/second precision
- Pressure sensor +/- 10 Pa precision (80 cm / 2.6 feet at sea level)
- 60 fps vertical QVGA camera for ground speed measurement
- 3 axis magnetometer 6° precision
- Ultrasound sensors for ground altitude measurement
- Linux 2.6.32
- USB 2.0 high speed for extensions
Do I need a license to fly this Drone in South Africa?
In line with regulations if it's for personal/hobby use, then the short answer is no you don't need a license as it's considered a personal RPAS (Remotely piloted Aircraft System).
Under the new regulations Hobby Pilots:
- Do not need an RPL (Remote Pilots Licence).
- Do not need to register their RPAS aircraft.
- Do not need Ops Manual, ROC, RLA, etc.
- Do not need air services licence.
- Can fly RPAS up to 7kg weight.
- Can fly at night (previous not allowed for any RC aircraft).
- Can fly up to the height of the highest object in 300m of the drone (or up to a max of 400 feet, whichever is the lower of the 2).
- Can fly up to 500m away from the pilot, while maintaining direct line of sight (RVLOS).
- Need to keep more than 50m from people.
- Need to keep more than 50m from roads.
- Need to keep more than 50m from buildings.
- Need to keep more than 10km from an aerodrome (airport or airstrip).
- May not fly in No Fly Zones.
- Do not need a handheld Fire Extinguisher.
- Do not need a First Aid Kit.
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
- Watch video