18.5" Classic Pit Barrel® Cooker
18.5" Classic Pit Barrel® Cooker
The Pit Barrel® features top-quality construction with durable steel and a porcelain enamel coating. The PBC smoker package includes all of the accessories to cook an enormous variety (and quantity!) of food. Our unique vertical meat-hanging method puts the food in the center of the heat which allows for even set-it-and-forget-it cooking.
Hook-N-Hang ™ Cooking Method. The PBC is famous for its ability to get consistently delicious results, and it’s not by accident. Hanging the meat in the center of the heat allows for even cooking and penetration of a “smoke fog” created by juices dripping directly on the coals. Experts, judges, and food lovers of all ages agree– the PBC simply cooks some of the best food you’ve ever tasted.
Versatile Grilling. Not all meats are created equal– and not all foods are meats! Every PBC comes with a steel grill grate, not just so it can double as a traditional grill, but to take advantage of the PBC’s added depth and temperature control. Want to sear a steak? Cook without the lid to turn up the heat. Or leave it on and let the smoke add another layer of depth to burgers, fish, pizza– even cookies!
Durability (And Style!). The Pit Barrel® Cooker itself is not only built to withstand the heat conditions of charcoal cooking, but its porcelain enamel coating makes it extremely weather-resistant. Each drum and lid are treated with a superior-grade porcelain enamel finish that gives the PBC not only great looks, but also the ability to last for years.
Portability. If you can’t take it with you… it’s not a Pit Barrel®! We know smoked meat and BBQ connoisseurs have mobile interests, luckily the PBC is light and compact enough to fit in the back of most vans, trucks and SUVs for easy transport to the campsite or football game.
What you get:
- 1 30 Gallon Steel Drum/Lid
- 8 Stainless Steel Hooks
- 2 Steel Hanging Rods
- 1 Charcoal Basket
- 1 Standard Grill Grate
- 1 Wooden Hook Remover
- 1 Three-point Barrel Stand
- 1 All-Purpose Pit Rub
- 1 Beef & Game Pit Rub
Please note: due to the large size of this item (over 25kgs) it is only available for collection (from us) and delivery in Johannesburg. We can deliver to other addresses across South Africa but would need to get a delivery quote 1st before dispatch. If you're collecting from us, please ensure your backseat is empty as this item may not fit in all normal sized car boots.
- For the first cooks with your Pit Barrel®®Cooker, we strongly recommend that you follow the instructions completely; this will give you a good baseline for how the Pit Barrel® works. Keep children and pets away from the Pit Barrel® while in use.
- Your Pit Barrel® should not be placed directly on any flammable surface such as a wood deck or dry grass. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU EVER POUR LIGHTER FLUID ONTO HOT COALS IN THE BARREL.
- There is no need to season your PBC or PBJ; it is a brand new drum with a porcelain enamel finish and is ready to cook with right out of the box. As always, please be careful and enjoy!
- IMPORTANT: If you are using your Pit Barrel® on a deck, grass, or any other potentially flammable surface we highly recommend placing paver stones or bricks in the designated area under the cooker. Please ensure that you use enough pavers or bricks to cover the entire area under the cooker completely. Four 12″x12″ pavers laid in a 2×2 pattern works well. or both the PBC and PBJ: According to your elevation, adjust the bottom air vent per the following diagram –
Set up your PBC or PBJ in an open area (outside!)
- Remove the Three-point Barrel Stand from inside the barrel and place the cooker on top with the ring facing up
- Remove charcoal basket from bottom of barrel and place on ground
- Lighting with The PBC Chimney Starter is encouraged: Fill your charcoal basket level, remove 1/4 of the briquets (this is approximately 40 coals for the PBC and 20 coals for the PBJ) and place in chimney, light the coals with the lid off and let burn for 12 minutes for elevations between sea level and 2000 ft (All other elevations will let your coals burn for 20 minutes). Dump the lit coals into the charcoal basket and start cooking immediately.
- For hanging: Remove grill grate and place metal rods in pre-cut holes. Insert stainless steel hooks through the meat and hang meat from metal rods inside the Pit Barrel® Cooker, put the lid on and let the meat cook to perfection. Refer to our demonstration videos for more information.
- For grilling: remove metal rods and insert grill grate, place meat on the grate and, with the lid cracked about a 1/4 in, proceed as you would on a standard grill.
- DO NOT WASH OR RINSE THE INSIDE OF YOUR PBC! To clean your Pit Barrel®, simply wait until the barrel and coal basket have completely cooled to dump the remaining ash by inverting the barrel. Ash Pans can be purchased for the PBC or the PBJ for even easier cleanup.
Keep in Mind: Cooking times are approximate. Times will vary due to elevation (the times in our videos are based on an elevation of 2000 ft.), therefore, when using your PBC at sea level your cooking times may be less.
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm.
Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R549 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R549 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.