Powertraveller® Powermonkey Extreme
Powertraveller® Powermonkey Extreme
The powermonkey-eXtreme is the big brother to the very successful and highly regarded powermonkey-eXplorer, a charger that has quickly become the flagship product of the Powertraveller range.
Five years in development, the powermonkey-eXtreme is the culmination of feedback from real power users in some of the most remote locations on the planet and embodies Powertraveller's understanding of customer requirements in the outdoor and adventure travel market.
The powermonkey-eXtreme houses a massive 9000mAh capacity Lithium Polymer battery and offers users real power in a compact, durable shell. The unit is capable of recharging most 5V devices, including an iPhone up to 6 times, a Garmin Edge 800 up to 6 times and standard mobiles up to 12 times.
The powermonkey-eXtreme has two output channels; one channel outputs 700mAh max (standard USB) whilst the DC port outputs 2.1Amps max to support the Apple iPad (iPad compatible cable included) and other tablet computers. It's worth noting that the iPad can be charged directly from the standard USB socket but will charge faster when using the supplied cable via the DC out port. You can also hook it up to the Samsung Galaxy Tab using one of the Powertraveller Galaxy Tab Cables and then plugging your Samsung Tab cable into that!
|Power up your mobile gadgets on the go||Compact and attractive design|
IP67 rated - meaning it is waterproof for 30 minutes up to 1 metre - and shock resistant, the powermonkey-eXtreme is perfect for the outdoor, marine & adventure enthusiast, as well as military & aid agencies. Featuring an LCD screen which displays battery capacity level and working status (on/off), its unique one touch friction swipe ON/OFF control is designed so the unit can only be turned on once connected to a device and cannot be accidentally switched on when not in use. To turn the powermonkey-eXtreme on, swipe the panel from left to right with your thumb. To turn off, swipe with your thumb from right to left. When the 5V device or tablet computer is fully charged, the auto shut-off function means the powermonkey-eXtreme will turn itself off after 2 minutes, so the user does not have to monitor the charge state of the device being charged - thus saving power.
The powermonkey-eXtreme can be recharged in three ways; via the universal mains charger, via the solar panel or via USB. Whilst the unit is recharging, the LCD screen will be red, once fully charged, the screen will turn green. When the unit is in use, the screen will be blue!
The rugged, clam-shell design solar panel offers 3 Watt max output, allowing full recharge of the powermonkey-eXtreme within 15 hours in optimum light conditions. The powermonkey-eXtreme also has a solar energy detection feature which activates the incorporated state-of-the-art MPPT (maximum power point tracker) technology, allowing the solar panel to charge the powermonkey unit more efficiently in low light conditions. Users can also simultaneously use the solar panel to charge the powermonkey-eXtreme whilst it is charging their device.
The solar panel can be attached to tents or rucksacks via the included Velcro strap, so is perfect for hiking and is designed to take the knocks and spills of both the power hungry adventurer and the busy traveller.
The Polysilicon solar panel offers photovoltaic efficiency up to 17% and features a USB output, fully supporting Apple iPhone/iPod, mobile phones and other 5V gadgets such as portable games consoles, handheld GPS systems, etc. The solar panel can fully charge the powermonkey-eXtreme in approx 15 hours.
The powermonkey-eXtreme unit weighs 242g and measures 152 x 59.5 x 28mm, whilst the solar panel weighs 214g, measures 171 x 90 mm and is 18mm deep when folded. The unit has a very low static wastage (meaning you can leave it for up to 1 year and it will still hold 75% of its charge) and includes a whole host of safety features to give you total peace of mind. Available in four striking colours
You can charge:
- iPad/Tablet 1-2 times
- iPhone/Smartphone 4-6 times
- GPS systems 4-6 times
- Mobile Phone 8-12 times
Charges many other portable devices, iPod, iPhone and iPad products using the USB sync/charge cable supplied by Apple. Tips inlcuded for the latest BlackBerry, Garmin, HTC, LG, Motorola, Nintendo, Nokia, Samsung and Sony Ericsson. Mini USB, Micro USB and female USB DC cable for Apple iPod, iPhone and iPad, DC4.0 for PSP, e-readers and some digital cameras. Other tips can be purchased from from us - please get in touch with your requirements.
- Short-circuit protection
- Overload protection
- Reverse discharge current protection
- Low voltage protection
- Input: 5V 2.5A
- Output: USB port: 5V 700MAh ad DC port 2.1A
- Battery Chemical: Lithium Polymer
- Energy: 33.3 WH
- Static power waste <50 µA
- Total weight: 460g
- powermonkey-eXtreme battery unit
- solar panel
- Universal mains charger
- 8 mobile device tips (monkeynuts)
- Black travel pouch
• Slide thumb across friction swipe control from left to right to turn ON
• Slide thumb across friction swipe control from right to left to turn OFF
• Whilst the unit is ON, double tap the friction swipe to activate permanent ON feature
• Cancel permanent ON feature by tapping the friction swipe once more
• Touch the friction swipe during operation to view battery capacity. LCD screen will switch off after 5 seconds - saving power
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.