Pratley Original Putty - Standard Setting (125G)
Pratley Original Putty - Standard Setting (125G)
Pratley original Putty - Standard Setting (125G) was the first of it’s kind in the world, and the only South African product to go to the moon! It is a hand mouldable adhesive which sets very hard, is ideal for underwater use, Non flammable, and accepts paint.
It adheres to metal, cement, concrete, stone, glass, slate, wood and most rigid materials. The suggested use for Pratley original Putty - Standard Setting (125G) is to repair underwater leaks, repair cracked concrete pods, seal metal water tanks and gutters, repair broken vehicle engine sumps and radiators.
- Was the first of it’s kind in the world
- The only South African product to go to the moon!
- Hand mouldable adhesive which sets very hard
- Ideal for underwater use
- Non flammable
- Accepts paint
- Adheres to: metal, cement, concrete, stone, glass, slate, wood and most rigid materials
- Suggested use: repair underwater leaks, repair cracked concrete pods, seal metal water tanks and gutters, repair broken vehicle engine sumps and radiators
- Sets under water.
- Can be smoothed and shaped with a wet finger or spatula.
- Excellent adhesive strength.
- Bonds well to most rigid materials.
- Can be filed, sawn, drilled and machined.
- Sets slowly - ideal for larger jobs.
- Hard and abrasion resistant
- Good shelf life.
(Temperature & quantity dependant)
Will gel in about 50 minutes (room temperature).
Will set hard in 4 hours.
Full strength in 24 hours.
Surfaces to be bonded should be free from loose dirt,
rust, paint, oil and grease. Wire brushing or sanding
will substantially enhance adhesion to smooth
1. With the wrappings intact, cut equal pieces from
each stick. Use a very sharp knife
2. Remove wrappings and roll the pieces together
into a sausage
3. Roll sausage into a ball.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until an even colour is
achieved with no streaks
5. Wash stickiness from hands.
6. Forcefully wipe and knead the mixed Pratley. Putty firmly onto the application surfaces,there by thoroughly wetting them with resin. This ensures a good bond.
7. Apply the putty working it firmly (kneading) into place. Build up with further layers a necessary.
8. Remove all excess putty and wipe off surrounding surfaces with a damp cloth.
9. Pratley Putty may be made to set smooth by stroking gently with wet fingers
For underwater use, mix first then quickly take mixed product under water in a plastic bag.
Some suggested uses
1. Repair cracked concrete swimming pools (substrate must be coherent).
2. Seal metal water tanks and gutters.
3. Mend chipped and broken washbasins.
4. Seal around sink and basin outlets.
5. Seal metal petrol tanks and fuel lines.
6. Emergency repairs to metal work.
7. Fix cement garden furniture.
8. Mend broken electrical insulators.
Not recommended for
Bonding of rearview mirrors to windscreens.
Exhaust pipes (Due to high temperature.)
Polypropylene & Polyethylene Plastics.
Continuous use >110°C.
Should the sticks be hard due to prolonged storage in a cold place, gentle warming should restore them to their original consistency.
DID YOU KNOW? - Pratley Putty is the only South African manufactured product on the Moon! The Pratley Company invented epoxy putty!
The compressive strength of Pratley Putty exceeds that of concrete!
The intake penstocks of the mighty turbines in the Kariba Dam were repaired with Pratley Putty!
Pratley Putty (original) has been used to float sunken ships as well as repair boats at sea!
A Green turtle had a damaged shell that was repaired with Pratley Putty!
Researchers stuck radio transmitters with Pratley Putty to the scales of Pangolins whilst studying them in the wild!
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm.
Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R549 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R549 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.