Pratley Quikset - White (40ml)
Pratley Quikset - White (40ml)
Pratley Quickset Glue is an high strength adhesive which sets quickly and adheres to most rigid materials like ceramics, stone, concrete, glass, fibre, glass and metals. White Glue is best for heavy duty applications where surfaces are somewhat rough. It does not run easily and is ideal for gap filling. Clear Glue can be used where a more runny consistency in close matching joint is required.
- Quick setting.
- Exceptional adhesive strength.
- Bonds well to most rigid materials.
- Can be filed, sawn, machined and sanded.
- Will accept paint.
- Resists most chemicals, oil and petrol.
- Good shelf life.
Time to set
(at 23 °C)(Temperature & quantity
Will begin to gel in 4½ minutes.
Will set in about 14 minutes.
Should be applied within 3 minutes of mixing.
Will reach about 75% strength in 30 minutes
Full tensile strength in 24 hours.
Surfaces to be bonded must be free of loose dirt,
dust, moisture, oil, grease and paint. Sanding or
wire brushing significantly enhance adhesion to
1. From the tube with the white cap squeeze out a
bead of resin onto a flat non-absorbent surface
such as a piece of cardboard (Fig. 1).
2. From the tube with a red cap squeeze out an
exactly similar bead of hardener next to the first
bead (Fig. 2).
3. Use only as much as can be applied in 2 or 3
minutes. However, to ensure equal proportions,
the beads should not be less than 15 mm long.
4. Replace the colour coded caps on the correct
5. Using a spatula or thin stick, thoroughly and
vigorously mix the two beads together until an
even colour is obtained (Fig. 3).
6. Use within 3 minutes of mixing by applying to
both surfaces to be bonded.
7. After bringing surfaces together, wipe off excess
adhesive. (Acetone, thinners or nail varnish
remover will help.)
8. DO NOT disturb the bonded parts until adhesive
Some suggested uses
1. Repair broken china plates.
2. Repair china and glass ornaments.
3. Repair or join metal instead of light welding or brazing.
4. Mend electric plugs and insulators.
5. Repair chipped wash hand basins.
6. Replace handles on kitchen utensils.
7. Repair tennis rackets.
8. Re-fix costume jewellery.
9. Repair motor car distributor.
Not recommended for
• Bonding rearview mirrors to windscreens. (It’s too strong & will crack the glass.)
• For high temperatures (above 95°C).
• On any flexible materials.
• Not recommended for pro longed immersion in water.
Note: If stored in a cold place in the resin (tube with white cap) may be somewhat hard - due to crystallization of contents. Gently warming in hot water (60 to 70°C) will restore original consistency
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.