Pure Organic Argan Oil (20ml)
Pure Organic Argan Oil (20ml)
ARGAN OIL – COSMETIC & BEAUTY PROPERTIES. Moroccan oil or Pure Argan oil is produced from the kernel of the argan tree that grows in the semi desert soil that is predominant in huge areas in the North African country of Morocco. Because this tree grows in very limited areas, the oil produced from it remains a very rare one.
Pure Argan oil is very rich in Vitamin E, phenols, carotenes, squalene and essential fatty acids. Traditionally it has been used by the Berber women who inhabit these areas in Morocco as a cosmetic agent to help them with their hair, skin and nails. Moroccan oil is not greasy and just a few drops are enough to moisturise the face and in particular the skin under the eyes that is very delicate. It protects the skin from being damaged by free radicals and can help to remove fine lines. Moroccan oil is also used to soothe muscles and has a pain reliving property that makes it ideal for use by those with rheumatic joints.
This oil has a rich and nutty flavour and is used in cooked food to add taste to it. In Morocco, Berber families use it as dip for breakfast with home-made bread and mixed with honey makes a spread that is very tasty. Because of its content of fatty acids, potassium and magnesium it can be very beneficial to the heart.
Argan trees yield fruit for more than 50 or 60 years and are able to withstand temperatures of over 50 degrees Centigrade and become completely dormant while waiting for the rains. The tree flowers in the spring and produces olive sized fruits that are yellow when ripe. They are gathered after they have dried in the later part of summer and have fallen to the ground. They cannot be gathered from the tree by hand because there are large spiny thorns that make such picking difficult. The trees generally grow on common land, though some families have been granted gathering rights that have come down to them from previous generations. For three months before the harvest animal grazing is not allowed in areas where argan trees are present.
It is only the seed that contains the Moroccan oil and these are within the fruit layer. The fruits have to be cracked open to extract the seed and this is essentially an activity carried out by hand. The fruit pulp is fed to goats, and the seeds are removed and roasted. This roasting is what imparts the nutty flavour to the pure argan oil. The seeds are then ground into a paste from which the oil is extracted. Once the oil is removed, even the paste has some use as it can be used as animal feed. Moroccan oil removed from the roasted seeds without the use of water is said to have a longer shelf life of almost a year. The extraction rate from the kernels is over 40 percent by weight, and these yields show an increase if the extraction is done using solvents. The quality of such solvent extracted oils is not as good as that obtained by conventional pressing method Liquid Gold – Nature’s Botox
Argan Oil remains one of the rarest oils in the world due to the small and very specific growing areas. All Argan sold today is produced by a women’s cooperative that shares the profits among the local women of the Berber tribe. The cooperative has established an ecosystem reforestation project so that the supply of Argan Oil will not run out. Berber women sit on the floor with rough rectangular stones between their knees cracking nuts with rounded rocks. Each smooth nut contains one to three kernels, which look like sliced almonds and are rich in oil. The kernels are then removed. It takes several days and about 32 kilograms of fruit - roughly one season’s produce from a single tree - to make only one liter of oil.
How to use organic argan oil
Apply 7-10 drops to facial skin, twice daily.
Nourishes & Moisturises
Reduces Fine Lines & Wrinkles
Reduces Uneven Tone
Treats Acne & Scarring
Apply 3-5 drops to hair according to length after washing or massage into scalp and leave overnight.
Revitalises & Nourishes Scalp & Hair
Apply generously to affected areas as often as required.
Eczema & Psoriasis
Massage into Nails & Cuticles
Strengthens & Repairs
ARGAN OIL USES IN DEPTH:
Using Argan Oil for a lifetime of healthy hair:
Argan oil is regarded as a natural miracle for restoring hair and keeping the cuticle moisturised. Unlike synthetic oils, Argan is extracted naturally from crushed Argan fruit kernels. Pure oils are the most effective in taming dry hair, and organic versions are the healthiest.
Before purchasing this product, you should learn how to identify quality Argan oil and have an action plan for its application once you get home.
Argan Oil Benefits
Argan oil is often referred to as a miracle product because of its extreme moisturising benefits for both hair and skin. Unlike other oils, argan extracts don’t just temporarily mask dryness. The kernels contain vitamin E to restore each strand of hair and keep it moisturized long after use. At the same time, argan oil helps to naturally restore the hair cuticle. This is made possible by the natural presence of antioxidants that directly reverse cellular damage.
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 50,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.