Remote Control Robot Arm Kit
Remote Control Robot Arm Kit
Mantality tested: read the Robot Arm review
It used to be the case that anyone who wanted to create a robot from scratch would require a degree from MIT (an awfully distinguished US University and not a misspelt glove), more tools than your dad and granddad had combined, and a grant from the government. Now you can find robot technology almost everywhere you look, from toy shops to hospitals. Finally, someone has put together a kit that allows you to build your very own robotic arm, and all it takes is a screwdriver and an afternoon of tinkering fun.
The Robotic Arm kit arrives disassembled and contains all the pieces you'll need to make your very own desktop droid. It's remarkably easy to set up - we managed to do it in a couple of hours - so you don't need to stress about soldering or advanced electronic engineering: as long as you have a screwdriver and some wire cutters you have all you need to get started from the moment you open the box. Once it's finished you'll have hours of fun finding out exactly what it can and can't do, using its controller to power the five joints and motors to swing the arm around and pick things up with its pincer like grippers - complete with spotlight for night work. So far we've managed to get it to take a pen from one side of the desk to the other, but it got upset when we tried to make it fetch our tea (luckily for us, the tea was cold) - it can only lift a maximum of 100g, you see. The best thing about it is that once your friends and family have stopped arguing over who gets to have a go next, you can swell with pride and tell them "I made that".
- A Robotic Arm kit with easy to follow instructions.
- Great as an educational toy for anyone wanting to pick up the basics of robot technology.
- A 5 switch wired controller gives you complete control over the arm.
- 5 motors operate the arm allowing it to grab, release, lift, lower and rotate.
- A search light is positioned in between the pincers making it easier for you to line up the arm and pick up objects.
- Will lift a maximum of 100 g.
- Requires a crossheaded screwdriver, long nose pliers and diagonal cutters for assembling (not included).
- As this is a kit it does require assembling and is not ready to work straight out of the box.
- Requires 4 x D batteries (not included).
- Optional USB kit allows PC control (select above)
- Suitable for ages 8 years +.
- Size: 38 x 22.8 x 16 cm (assembled)
The Robot Arm's alternative uses
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.