Kwese Play - Roku 2 Powered TV Box
Kwese Play - Roku 2 Powered TV Box
Discover a world of online entertainment with this simple yet powerful android tv box. Simply plug-and-play this device into your TV's HDMI port and begin watching your favourite movies, tv shows and video content from around the world in minutes. Connect wirelessly via WiFi or for best results plug directly into your router using the ethernet port. This android tv box also features a USB and MicroSD card port in case you want to view content from external devices such as movies on a USB hard drive. The supplied remote is easy to navigate with, and features hotkeys for Netflix, YouTube and Red Bull TV so you can get to your apps at the click of a button.
Kwesé Play is a Roku Powered streaming platform that uses the internet to deliver entertainment services to consumers across Sub-Sharan Africa. Kwesé Play is the first and only Roku partner in Africa with a custom-built set-top box, sporting the incredibly iconic purple tag, and is sold through various retailers and resellers. Because of its exclusive partnership with Roku, Kwesé Play gives you access to some of the biggest names in global video on demand, including Netflix and YouTube, plus a variety of over 200 carefully curated apps in the Kwesé Play App Store.
Read the Kwese Play Roku review from the blog.
What are the unique benefits of Kwesé Play?
- Kwesé Play is the best thing to happen to your TV. While many TVs come with smart features, many still don’t, or may not have the smart features you want. A streaming device is practically a must-have if you want to keep up with the hottest entertainment out there. Here are some of our unique benefits:
- Kwesé Play comes with the Roku Powered advantage. There is a reason it is the most popular streaming device in the US market. Not only did Roku pioneer streaming for the TV, but it also has one of the best feature-to-price ratios among streaming devices in the market. It is no surprise then that Kwesé Play was named TV Gadget of the Year at the Stuff Magazine Awards for 2017/ 2018.
- The Kwesé Play device uses dual-band WiFi and a fast processor to create a smooth streaming experience and can easily be connected to your HD TV or monitor. If you don’t have WiFi, you can hook up your device with an Ethernet cable.
- What makes us completely unique is that we have invested heavily in ensuring the best speed and quality of content gets sent to your TV screen. We have local servers strategically placed all over the continent for high-performance content delivery. You can rest assured that you are getting a world-class streaming experience every time.
- Never before has streaming your favourite shows on your TV screen been so easy. Sit back and relax with Netflix, YouTube, Red Bull TV, TuneIn, Reuters TV and Bloomberg, to name a few. Not to mention, we don’t favour one content provider over the other, unlike most of the competitors. Explore hundreds of entertainment apps which range from movies and TV to education, games, music, news, sports, religion, and so much more. The best part of all is that there are no ads and no lag time.
- Plus, the device is very mobile-compatible. If you are browsing apps like Netflix or YouTube on your smartphone, you can launch them straight to your TV with the Kwesé Play device.
- There are just some things you cannot live without. Our customers love our streaming device because of our content selection, ease of use, and value. This small, speedy and affordable box is all the streamer you need. Whether you’re looking for a streaming box to help you cut the cord, or augment your pay TV subscription, Kwesé Play has the features, build quality and simplicity you are looking for.
Who can use Kwesé Play?
- Whether you are new to streaming or just want a streaming device that is simple and affordable, Kwesé Play’s entry-level streaming device is for you. Kwesé Play turns your TV into a smart TV, instantly. If you already have a smart TV, you can turn it into an even better TV. For instant gratification and control of your TV experience, all you’ll need is a Kwesé Play box, an HD-capable TV or monitor, a free HDMI port and at least a 4Mbps internet connection.
What is streaming?
- Streaming is a technology used to deliver content to TVs, computers and mobile devices over the internet. Streaming delivers data to you as you need it, which means you can listen to music or watch video in real time, instead of downloading a file to your computer and watching it later. No satellite or third party installation is required when streaming TV.
- Unlike piracy sites that let you stream content illegally, Kwesé Play is legal in every way. Both our device and app store have gone through careful testing and have been certified by Roku, Netflix and ICASA
Worried about storage space?
- With streaming you never need to download anything to any device. Everything is available instantly to watch on your TV screen, which is why it is commonly referred to as Internet TV. Streaming via a set-top box like Kwesé Play is called Connected TV
What is video on demand?
- Video on demand gives you the space to watch your most loved movies and TV shows whenever you want, unlike the scheduled broadcasts of traditional satellite TV providers. Subscription video on demand services like Netflix let you stream its entire library of series, movies, kids shows and documentaries for a monthly subscription fee. By paying a monthly fee, you get to watch series and movies as often and for as long as your subscription is active.
Why do I need an internet connection?
- Your Kwesé Play device needs to be connected to the internet to stream. This connection could be fixed line services like ADSL or fibre connections, or mobile and wireless connections. As streaming requires video and audio content to be delivered over the internet, you will need a relatively fast internet connection – just how fast depends on the type of media you are using. No content is saved to your device.
Will I be charged a monthly subscription for purchasing Kwesé Play?
- No, Kwesé Play does not charge a monthly service subscription or monthly equipment fee, nor does it charge for creating a Kwesé account. However, should you choose, you may be charged a monthly subscription for services or apps available via the app store.
I have a smart TV. Why would I need a streaming device?
- TV is supposed to be relaxing but upgrading your TV can be stressful. There are literally hundreds of choices from over a dozen manufacturers. Most TVs have extra features that you may or may not actually need. They can range in price from a couple of hundred bucks to thousands. It can get overwhelming. With impressive processing power, plenty of ports, and loads of content, you can’t go wrong with Kwesé Play.
Can I use my existing Roku device to access the Kwesé Play App Store?
- No, only a Kwesé account is considered legal and licensed to give you access to the app store. Any Roku device not branded Kwesé Play will not have access to the Kwesé Play App Store.
Available content varies by country. For more information on content availability simply go to kweseplay.tv on your web browser, or for specific countries go to:
- Botswana: kweseplay.tv/bw
- Zimbabwe: kweseplay.tv/zw
- South Africa: kweseplay.tv/za
- Ghana: kweseplay.tv/gh
The most popular streaming apps include:
- Kwesé TV
- Red Bull TV
- Kwesé iflix
- Roku Media Player
- Al Jazeera
- France 24
- GOD TV
What you need :
- A TV with HDMI port
- Broadband Internet
- Broadband router
Whats included in the box:
- Kwesé Play device
- HDMI Cable
- 1080p HD support
- Remote + channel shortcut buttons
- Ethernet,USB and microSD Ports
- Two AAA batteries
- Power Adapter
- HD Video Support: Supports 1080p video
- Internal RAM: 512MB
- Internal Storage: 1GB
- Wi-Fi: 2x2 Dual-Band 802.11 b/g/n with WPA/WPA2 and WEP security
- Ethernet: 10/100 RF-45
- Outputs: HDMI
- External Storage: via Micro SD card and/or External USB drive
- Power Supply: Input: 100-240V ac, Output: 5.99V dc - 2A
- Supported Video Formats: H.264, WMV, VC1
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.