Shark Cage Diving for One | Gansbaai
Shark Cage Diving for One | Gansbaai
Getting into the cage with the sharks around is truly the most breath-taking experience you will ever live to remember. When feeding actively around the boat, the sharks may occasionally brush their tail against the cage, but never attack the cage. They are very curious though and often come close-up to the cage, taking a closer look at the diver. A personal, eye-to-eye encounter with this awesome animal, is guaranteed to get the adrenaline going!
The cage is situated next to the side of the boat and once ready to take the dive, the Dive Master would assist the diver into the opening at the top of the cage. Once in position, the divers head would be no more than half a meter below the surface. A freeboard of approx. 30cm allows the diver to rise to the surface and effectively communicate with the Dive Master on the boat. Snorkelers would secure themselves by holding onto the convenient cross bars, situated at the top of the cage.
Diving takes place on a quick and effective rotational system, with 5 to 6 divers down at a time. Once the rotation is completed it will be repeated, therefore ensuring that each diver can take as many dives as possible. Time spent in the cage depends on weather/water conditions, shark activity and eagerness of each diver, but is usually approx. 15 minutes at a time. We rarely have more than 18 divers on board at a time, ensuring maximum cage diving time for all divers and snorkelers.
SHARK TRIP (Please note that times will be finalized the day before the trip)
- Meet in Gansbaai for Breakfast and briefing.
- Boat trip (+- 20 min) and anchoring in the Dyer Island area. Anchor site will be chosen, depending on the weather, sea conditions, season and previous shark sightings.
- Start chumming.
- White shark observation and cage diving. The time for the first shark to appear however cannot be forecasted, and varies from a few minutes to several hours. When a shark is spotted, the crew monitors its behavior. If the shark relaxes, then the cage and divers can be lowered into the water. Shark and weather conditions depending, our aim is to give our guests the best possible viewing experience from both the boat and underwater from the cage. Snacks and drinks can be enjoyed on the boat throughout the whole trip.
- Return to Kleinbaai harbor.
- Return to crew house for coffee/tea and to watch the DVD of the trip.
This is a self-drive package. Transfers can be arranged on request.
Location: Gaansbaai, Western Cape
Availability: This experience is best enjoyed between April - October.
Who: Participants need to be in good health in order to enjoy this experience. Scuba certification is not a prerequisite. Participants should not be scared of the water. Those under the age of 21 require written approval from a legal guardian.
Numbers: This experience can cater for up to 25 participants, it is therefore likely that others will enjoy the experience with you.
Weather: This experience takes place in most weather conditions. If cancelled due to the weather, you will be allowed to rebook.
What to take: You are advised to take your own towel and sea sick tablets if necessary.
Duration: Allow a full day for this experience.
Additional Information: Purchase a high quality copy of your own personal shark diving experience after the experience. This is available on video or DVD and excluded from the price. Indemnity forms require completion prior to departure. Exclusive charters can be arranged. Transfers can be arranged on request.
Our experience vendor is in possession of a valid White Shark Cage Diving Operators Permit (issued by government), enabling them to work within the Dyer Island nature reserve area. The criteria to qualify for this permit is very high and only long-standing operators who are in compliance with all aspects, safety regulations and Code of Conduct will be taken into consideration for such a permit, which is issued by Government. All their facilities are closely inspected by authorities on an annual basis, ensuring maximum safety for all their guests.
This experience also includes a service fee and e-voucher.
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
- Nature & Animals
- Water & Boating
- Western Cape
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 50,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.