Eco Flying Lantern (10 pack)
Eco Flying Lantern (10 pack)
End of Life (EOL) - All good things must come to an end. Sadly, this product will not be re-stocked once depleted. So now is your last chance to get one. View our newest products. Or view Floating Lanterns
Ever felt like fireworks have just got a bit same-old? These lanterns have an air of elegance and grace that no Roman Candle could possibly begin to match. Fireworks whilst fun in their own way, are very expensive, very short-lived, and are only meant to come out once a year. In contrast these 'Flying Lantern' thingies make for a long-lasting, grace filled and beautiful 'Ahhhhhhhh' moment. They're basically a large paper (fireproof) lantern with a wick suspended beneath them. You light the wick (outside of course), and in about thirty seconds they are filled with hot air from the flame and are ready to sail majestically up to 1000 feet into the night sky. Originally thought up by the Chinese over 2000 years ago as a warning signal (due to their ability to be seen for miles), paper lanterns gradually became a part of festival and ceremonial practices across the Far East. Well now we can enjoy them too, and whether you're planning on using them for a wedding, a party, or just because they're simply beautiful, there's no doubt they'll bring a certain spark to any event. Who knows where they may end up?
Are they safe?
Yes, as long as you follow the instructions carefully. The lantern is made out of fireproof biodegradable material so there is very little chance of it catching fire and you don't have to worry about it taking thousands of years to break down in a rubbish dump.
What should I do if it is windy?
You can launch the lanterns in a wind of up to 5 mph, but we would err on the side of caution and wait for a windless night. Always make sure you know what direction the wind is blowing - the last thing you want is to set fire to the neighbour's patio. All buildings should be at least 30 metres away from the point of take off.
Are these lanterns suitable for parties?
They are very suitable for parties of all occasions, but we would ask you to ensure that the lanterns are unpacked a good distance away from sources of ignition and that you don't attempt to use them under the influence. Under no circumstances should you smoke near the lantern.
Should I launch the lantern if it's damaged?
No, always make sure the lantern is in perfect condition before launch or it may come back to earth a lot sooner than intended.
I live near an airport, will this be a problem?
Unfortunately, yes it will. You should never use the lantern within a five mile radius of any airport, landing strip or anywhere that the lantern might be mistaken for a distress signal.
What about motorways? Is it okay to use the lantern near them?
Again, sorry, but no. You need to be at least 2 miles away. It's also recommended that you don't launch the lantern anywhere near electricity pylons.
- Always keep in a dry secure place away from children.
- Ensure that you wear suitable clothing that isn't highly flammable.
- Make sure you have water nearby just in case.
- A pack of lanterns that use hot air to float serenely into the sky.
- The lanterns are created from non-flammable bio-degradable paper.
- Each pack contains release instructions, safety instructions and a marker pen so you can send a message to whoever finds it.
- Whilst lanterns are much safer to light than fireworks, caution must be taken at all times with the naked flame.
- Pack of 10
- Suitable for ages 16+
- Size: 90 x 44 (diam)cm.
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery.
Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment
- ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R850 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R130 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by Payfast using 128 bit SSL encryption. Payfast are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instant deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn up to 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R850 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.