SPOT X Bluetooth 2-Way GPS Tracker & Satellite Messenger
SPOT X Bluetooth 2-Way GPS Tracker & Satellite Messenger
SPOT X provides 2-way satellite messaging when you’re off the grid or beyond reliable cellular coverage. Connect SPOT X to your smartphone via Bluetooth wireless technology through the SPOT X app to access your contacts and communicate easily with family, friends, or directly with Search & Rescue services in a life-threatening situation.
If preferred or when necessary, SPOT X can be used as a standalone communication device. SPOT X has its own dedicated U.S. mobile number, so others can message you directly at any time.
- BLUETOOTH- Easily connect the SPOT X device to the SPOT X app and have satellite connectivity at your fingertips. Bluetooth range- Up to 30ft.
- S.O.S.- Send an S.O.S. to the 24/7 Search & Rescue center, message back and forth about the nature of your emergency, and receive confirmation when help is on the way.
- MESSAGE- Exchange messages with any cell phone number or email address from virtually anywhere in the world.
- SPOT My Account comes loaded with 14 predefined messages that you have the ability to customize and sync to your SPOT X device.
- CHECK IN- Quickly and easily let everyone know you're OK.
- TRACKING- Select from 2½, 5, 10, 30, or 60 minute tracking intervals, and let family, friends and other adventurers follow your progress with SPOT’s easy-to-use Google Maps™ interface.
- POST TO SOCIAL- Link your accounts to keep your friends and family in the know wherever you go.
- COMPASS- Built-in compass and programmable waypoints to help you navigate.
- Illuminated QWERTY Keyboard
- 2.7" Backlit Display
- U.S. Mobile Number
- Impact, Dust, & Water Resistant (IP67)
- Rechargeable Lithium Battery- 240 HOURS (10 DAYS) OF BATTERY LIFE IN 10 MINUTE TRACKING MODE.*
*Battery life is based on a full charge during initial device usage and ideal operating temperature of 77F with a clear view of the sky with no obstructions.
Important SPOT X Tips:
- SPOT X needs a clear view of the sky with no obstructions
- SPOT X is not reliable at the bottom of a deep canyon, in a cave, in an abyss, or in very dense woods.
- Before heading off the grid, we strongly recommend that you send a test message to ensure your device was activated properly. You can view your sent messages in your account at FindMeSPOT.com/MyAccount.
- Keep your SPOT at least 12 inches away from other GPS devices.
- SPOT needs a clear view of the sky to obtain a GPS signal and provide the most accurate location information. It is not reliable indoors, in a cave, in an abyss, or in very dense woods.
- Orienting SPOT X so that the antenna is pointing up toward the sky will improve performance.
Who Needs SPOT? Anyone who travels by land, sea and air! Since its launch, SPOT's satellite technology has provided peace of mind by helping initiate more than 4,000 rescues and counting and providing GPS tracking services. Over the past five years, recreational outdoor enthusiasts, athletes, government agency employees, National Geographic explorers and photographers, and researchers are just some of the people that have benefited from using SPOT.
- Outdoor enthusiasts
- Off-Road Enthusiasts
- Kayakers / Canoeists
- Lone Workers
As SPOT continues to grow, we remain committed to offering affordable assistance to those who may need it. Now with the new SPOT Trace, everyone can benefit from SPOT's satellite technology. Track valuable assets and receive a text or email when movement is detected.
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm.
Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R549 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R549 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.