Spot X 2-Way GPS Tracker & Satellite Messenger
Spot X 2-Way GPS Tracker & Satellite Messenger
The SPOT product family offers peace of mind beyond the boundaries of cellular. Whether you want to check in, make calls or monitor your prized possessions, SPOT uses 100% satellite technology to keep you connected to the people and things that matters most, all while using the world's most modern satellite network.
SPOT X is a new advanced device which provides 2-way satellite messaging so you can stay connected to family, friends and colleagues whenever you're outside of mobile range, including direct communication with Search & Rescue services in case of life-threatening emergency. SPOT X even provides you with your own personal mobile number so others can message you directly from their mobile phone or other SMS devices at any time.
Who Needs SPOT? Anyone who travels by land, sea and air! Since its launch, SPOT's satellite technology has provided peace of mind by helping initiate more than 4,000 rescues and counting and providing GPS tracking services. Over the past five years, recreational outdoor enthusiasts, athletes, government agency employees, National Geographic explorers and photographers, and researchers are just some of the people that have benefited from using SPOT.
- Outdoor enthusiasts
- Off-Road Enthusiasts
- Kayakers / Canoeists
- Lone Workers
As SPOT continues to grow, we remain committed to offering affordable assistance to those who may need it. Now with the new SPOT Trace, everyone can benefit from SPOT's satellite technology. Track valuable assets and receive a text or email when movement is detected.
- MESSAGE. Exchange messages with any cell phone number or email address from virtually anywhere in the world.
- S.O.S. Send an S.O.S. to the 24/7 Search & Rescue center, message back and forth about the nature of your emergency, and receive confirmation when help is on the way.
- TRACKING. Select from 2.5, 5, 10, 30, or 60 minute tracking intervals, and let family, friends and other adventurers follow your progress with SPOT’s easy-to-use Google Maps™ interface.
- CHECK IN. Quickly and easily let everyone know you're OK.
- POST TO SOCIAL. Link your social media accounts to keep your friends and family in the know wherever you go.
- COMPASS. Built-in compass and programmable waypoints to help you navigate.
- Flexible service plans. Annually or Month-to-month.
- World wide coverage.
- Height: 6.54" (16.61 cm)
- Width: 2.9" (7.37 cm)
- Thickness: 0.94" (2.39 cm)
- Weight: 7.0 oz. (198.4g) with lithium batteries
- Operating temp: -4f to 140f (-20c to +60c)
- Storage temp: -4f to 140f (-20c to +60c)
- Operating altitude: -328ft to +21,320ft (-100m to +6,500m)
- Impact resistance: mil-std-810g for shock, ip67 for dust
- Waterproof rated: ip67 (1 m for up to 30 minutes and dust proof)
Battery Type and Life:
- Rechargeable lithium battery
- 240 hours (10 days) of battery life in continuous 10 minute tracking mode.*
- *battery life is based on a full charge during initial device usuage and ideal operating temperature of 77f with a clear view of the sky with no obstructions.
What's in the box:
- SPOT X Device
- Strap and Carabiner
- Micro USB Data/Power Cable
- AC (Wall) Power Adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- S.O.S. Mirrored Sticker
- Warranty Card
- GEOS Reference Guide
- SPOT needs a clear view of the sky to obtain a GPS signal and provide the most accurate location information. It is not reliable indoors, in a cave, in an abyss, or in very dense woods.
- Orienting SPOT X so that the antenna is
pointing up toward the sky will improve performance.
- Keep your SPOT at least 12 inches away from other GPS devices.
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.