Sushi Starter Kit - Learn How To Make Sushi at Home
Sushi Starter Kit - Learn How To Make Sushi at Home
Making your own Sushi at home is not only a great way to making a healthy meal, but it also makes for a really fun hobby. If you love Sushi like we do and can never get enough, why not try your hand at getting a starter kit making your own.
Easy DIY Sushi Making Kit
This sushi making starter kit is perfect for sushi enthusiasts and total beginners alike. It contains everything you need to get started with making your own sushi in the comfort of your own kitchen.
Once your sushi is made it will serve 2-4 people depending on portion sizes, and if it's a starter portion or the main course.
Your sushi kit comes included with the main ingredients, tools, and your own manual on how to make the perfect sushi. You will be impressing your friends, family and most importantly loved ones, with your new Japanese culinary skills.
With this diy kit, you'll be able to make your choice of maki, California rolls, temaki (hand rolls), spicy salmon or tuna rolls and much more. You are only limited by your imagination. The only thing needed is some fresh salmon or tuna (for sashimi and rolls), and the vegetables you'd like to include in your made sushi.
What Sushi ingredients and tools are included?
- 2 Pairs of Chopsticks
- 2 Sauce Dishes
- 1 Packet Nori (10 sheets)
- 1 Wasabi Paste
- 1 Sushi Ginger
- 1 Yamasa Soy Sauce
- 1 Sushi Rice
- 1 Rice Vinegar
- 1 Sushi Mat
- 1 How to Make Sushi Printed Instructions
- Soy Sauce: Through four centuries, YAMASA Corporation has continuously manufactured the finest quality soy sauce. Soy sauce is a staple ingredient in most Asian dishes but is also extremely versatile. Think of it as a replacement for salt with an added hit of umami. This glass dispenser is ideal to put on the table during meals. Made with Water, Wheat, Soybeans, Salt, Alcohol
- Wasabi: Set out with soy sauce, as a dipping sauce to use easily for sashimi, sushi, seafoods in a pot, etc. and tasty with noodles such as soba, udon somen, etc. Made with Horseradish Powder, Humectants (420), Salt, Salad Oil, Water, Food Acid (330), Colour (102, 133). Mix Wasabi. in handy tube. Net Wt. 45g(1.59oz)
- Ginger: This pickled pink ginger has been preserved in a sweet vinegar. Most commonly served with sushi as a palate cleanser, but can also be used to season some Asian dishes. Made with Water, Ginger, Salt, Sugar, Colouring, Preservatives and Sulfite
- Rice Vinegar: Kong Yen is a Taiwanese rice vinegar that has been produced since 1984. Rice vinegar or rice wine vinegar is made from fermented rice and is slightly milder than most Western kinds of vinegar. Rice vinegar is most commonly used for making sushi rice and Japanse vinegared salads, but can also be used just like normal vinegar in other dishes. A lovely alternative to keep in the cupboard. Made with Water, Glutinous Rice (6%), Fructose, Salt.
- Roasted Seaweed: Ready to roll, and sushi and rice balls. or in strips by (miso) soup. Yaki Sushi Nori Roasted Seaweed Purple 10pcs (Kaitatuya) 25g
- Rice: This is a short grain rice that is high in starch. Short-grain sticky rice is typically used to make sushi but it can also be served with other dishes such as stir-fry or roasted pork belly.
Everything you need to get a head start on making your own sushi, and all presented in an attractive clear box, suitable for gifting too. If you'd like to be taught by a professional Sushi chef in South Africa then why not try taking a few sushi lessons. Or have a look at some how to videos.
How to Make Sushi at Home
|Step 1 Place half a piece of nori on bamboo mat. Wet han and shake off excess water. Take a handful of rice and place it in the centre of the nori. Spread, leaving a 1 cm border at each long edge.|
|Step 2 With your fingers, make a little hollow in the middle of the rice. Spread a touch of wasabi paste in it, if desired.|
|Step 3 Place a slice of salmon in the hollow.|
|Step 4 Using the mat to guide you and your fingertips to keep the filling in place, roll the nori over the filling and continue rolling to form a tight roll.|
|Step 5 Place the mat over your roll and shape firmly. Push the rice back in the ends until you get a neat shape. Then using a sharp knife, dipped in water and wiped dry, cut the roll into six pieces. Notes: Slices of avocado and/or cucumber can be added with salmon.|
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.