Wireless Food & Meat Thermometer w/ 2x Probes
Wireless Food & Meat Thermometer w/ 2x Probes
This wireless meat thermometer is a must-have for any braai master that's looking to ensure his meat is cooked to perfection.
Featuring a touchscreen backlit display that will show you the temperature of two (included) probes at a glance. This means you can have two different steaks on the go, each cooked to a different preference.
It is highly portable and runs off 4x AAA batteries which means you can carry it around with ease, and continue with other food prep or sit back, relax and enjoy watching the game on TV while the meat cooks on the braai. Also see our folding meat thermometer if you only need a simple version.
- Large touch screen display with a blue backlight allows you to easily read the temp measurements of meat and food
- Two probes are included which allows you to monitor two different meats at the same time
- This braai thermometer is ideal for all kinds of meat such as: beef, lamb, pork, and chicken and more
- Not just for the braai, this food cooking thermometer can easily be used for roasts and baking inside the oven or on the stove as well
- Create an alarm, and when it goes off the display alerts you to the alarm by flashing the screen from blue to orange. There is also an audible beep so you'll never miss
- Wrapped with a silicone sleeve ensures that it is protected from being dropped or having anything spilled on it.
- Portable display will show you, at a glance, the temperature of each probe. This means you could be watching the cricket or the rugby in one room while your meat is safely cooking outside on the braai.
How Do I Use a Probe Thermometer?
- Insert the stem of one or both of the probe thermometers into the thickest part of the meat or food. Place in the centre of the food if it is even in thickness.
- Wait at least 15 seconds for the reading to steady and then record the reading.
Don’t let the probe touch the grill, or bottom/sides of the oven or pan, because you won’t get an accurate temperature of your food.
- Temperature measurement range: 0-250 degrees Celsius
- Resolution: 1 degree
- Accuracy: 0-100 degrees Celsius +/-1 degrees Celsius
- Dimensions: main: 6.7x3x12 cm; slave: 6.7x2.3x8.5 cm
- Weight: 124.3 grams
- Power supply: 4 x AAA batteries (batteries not included)
How To Know When The Meat Is Cooked Properly?
What is the Temperature Danger Zone for Food?
The temperature danger zone for food is the term used to describe the temperature range where food is most at risk of developing harmful bacteria. Food in the danger zone is at risk of causing illness to anyone who handles or consumes it. Keeping food out of the danger zone will ensure it’s safe to eat by limiting the growth of bacteria.
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) sets the danger zone between 8 °C and 60 °C, and this is the range you want to keep your food out of. This means that food is safest when it is either frozen, chilled, or heated beyond 60 °C.
Temperatures below 8 °C significantly slow bacteria growth – the colder it is, the harder for bacteria to multiply. It is important to note, however, that freezing food doesn’t eliminate bacteria. Therefore any food that is defrosted needs extra steps, such as cooking, to ensure that it’s safe to eat. Some bacteria can even steadily multiply at temperatures of -5 °C, and this is why you should always be careful when accepting frozen deliveries.
Bacteria is happiest when it is warm, and it will multiply the quickest between 20 °C and 50 °C. The optimum temperature for bacteria growth is 37 °C – the same temperature as the human body. Fortunately, controlling the temperature of food is relatively easy to do. However, you need to consider the storage of food items and how they are prepared before being consumed. Read more about the temperature danger zone .
"Ships in ..." is the time frame in normal working days of when your order will be picked, packed and then handed over to the couriers for delivery. This is the same working day when ordered before 1pm. Once handed over to couriers, delivery times of ~ 1-3 working days apply. This is calculated during business hours/days and is from our acknowledged receipt of order payment - ie from when your order is updated to "processed" status. Joburg customers can also collect their order free of charge.
No posts found
- Worry-Free Guarantee! Delivery is 100% guaranteed, or your money back!
- Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Delivery costs R69.95 for major centre areas and R100 for outlying areas
- Collections are available between 8am - 3:30pm from our JHB warehouse
- In stock items are shipped immediately when ordered (and paid for) before 1pm on business days
- Delivery via courier normally happens within 1-3 business days (but we aim for next working day)
- All orders will receive a tracking number sent via email
- Orders placed over the weekend and on holidays are processed and shipped out the next business day
- Areas outside of major centre areas usually take 3-5 business days
- Please note: high value orders (>R900) cannot be sent via Post Office due to theft risk
Your personal details are personal - and that's the way we'll keep it. Whether it be your email address, physical address or credit card information (which only our payment processor sees) we don't muck about, and we don't make these available to anyone else - that's a promise! You're our customer, so why would we share any such info. Credit card paymens will be processed securely by MyGate using 128 bit SSL encryption. Mygate are a Level 1 PCI Certified South Africa payment processor. That's hi-tech speak for the Fort Knox of internet privacy here in South Africa.
- Pay securely with your Visa/Mastercard credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or cash on collection
- Or pay securely via EFT or bank deposits. We bank with Nedbank and FNB for instan deposits
- Pay for orders with your reward points or gift vouchers. Remember to register to receive your reward points
- Subscribe to ManMail and follow us on facebook for exclusive discounts, offers and coupons to save even more
- Customer service is available during our business hours which are 8am - 4pm
- Contact us via phone (011) 462 5482 or email help [at] mantality.co.za
- Click the live help button at the bottom of our website when you're in hurry
- Return or exchange products within 14 days of receipt. Refunds or credits for returns are less any shipping costs incurred
- Any damages, product faults, errors or slip-ups will be handled swiftly and professionally - and all at our cost. (Although we try our darndest to ensure this doesn't happen!)
Our ethos and mantra is to become the #1 online destination for manly stuff and home to 1000s of the coolest products men really want. Shopping online should be fun, quick and easy - we're no exception to that. We're pretty fanatical about the products we sell and our customer service. We'll always do what we can to exceed your expectations when shopping with us.
- You can trust us. We’ve been delivering manly goodness since 2008.
- Customers just like you have posted 100s of positive reviews and testimonials and these are growing by the day
- We were ranked 3rd in SA for Best Customer Service at the 2014 eCommerce Awards | Finalist at the 2015 SA eCommerce Awards
- Immediate shipping for in stock items orders (and paid for) when placed before 1pm on a business day
- Earn 4% back in reward points with every order you place. You can then use those points for gifts or future orders - no strings!
- 1000s of the coolest products and gifts imported from all over the world, not found anywhere else in South Africa
- Helpful customer support available throughout business hours
- Order collections for our Johannesburg customers
- Pay for your order (with cash or card) when collecting
- Free delivery for orders over R499 (free to major cities only)
- Mobile friendly - view the website and place orders securely from any mobile device
- 65,000+ satisfied customers and growing fast. See their testimonials
- 100% original and constantly innovating. Always have been always will.